• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 dragon 800 low elevation stumble and suspension issues

Mike89

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta, Canada
Hey Guys,

I have serious issue. I still have a low elevation bog. I hit it then it comes back to 6250 rpm and stays there. What can i do? The dealer has tried all the remaps and all that stuff and it still doesn't help. PLEASE HELP ME.

NEST ISSUE

Rear Suspension. Front shock positioning? Where do you guys have it? Why? How does it effect the ride in the different positions?? In powder or climbing?? Also bottoming out ALL THE TIME. If you guys can help me please do. Thanks.

MIKE

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
Hey Guys,

I have serious issue. I still have a low elevation bog. I hit it then it comes back to 6250 rpm and stays there. What can i do? The dealer has tried all the remaps and all that stuff and it still doesn't help. PLEASE HELP ME.

NEST ISSUE

Rear Suspension. Front shock positioning? Where do you guys have it? Why? How does it effect the ride in the different positions?? In powder or climbing?? Also bottoming out ALL THE TIME. If you guys can help me please do. Thanks.

MIKE

How many miles do you have on it? My buddys bog went away after about 4 or 500 mi with no re-flash.

On the suspention, just take the Walker Evens off, smash them with a hammer and throw those POS away and buy a Holtz skid and floats on all 4's. It's only money....JK

Mike89

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta, Canada
Thanks man

I know its only money, but its money i don;t have, the money i had is now in the sled. I've got a 500 miles on it. But its pretty much impossible to ride it. I punch it and it bogs, everytime. Gettting very frustrated. :(

08Alaska800

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Have you had the 2009 update? Head, Pistons, Reflash, etc.?????
If not, take it to your dealer.

Suspension issues-- sound like your shocks need to be re done as well.

Mike89

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta, Canada
I took my sled to the dealer, they will not change the top end unless the pistions are scored (when they look throught the exhaust port????) As for the suspension, I've got floats up front, the WE's need to be destroyed butdon't have the coin to change that untill i know my sled will run normal for me.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I took my sled to the dealer, they will not change the top end unless the pistions are scored (when they look throught the exhaust port????) As for the suspension, I've got floats up front, the WE's need to be destroyed butdon't have the coin to change that untill i know my sled will run normal for me.
The Holz rear suspension is $2500 but there's another option. Carl's Cycle sell a lot of Zero Pro rear shock kits, I'm guessing around $600+ but you get a Float 2 front suspension shock and a good Zero on the rear. You can get something for your Walkers so maybe $400 difference.
As far as your bog it could be a lot of things, your dealer has the tools to diagnose a problem. Has it always been like this or something new? Fuel filter plugged, broken injector, sticking EV, Check engine compression, etc. The dealer has the resources of Polaris...even if he can't figure it out. Maybe it's time to ask for a replacement sled if they can't fix it.

Mike89

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta, Canada
The Holz rear suspension is $2500 but there's another option. Carl's Cycle sell a lot of Zero Pro rear shock kits, I'm guessing around $600+ but you get a Float 2 front suspension shock and a good Zero on the rear. You can get something for your Walkers so maybe $400 difference.
As far as your bog it could be a lot of things, your dealer has the tools to diagnose a problem. Has it always been like this or something new? Fuel filter plugged, broken injector, sticking EV, Check engine compression, etc. The dealer has the resources of Polaris...even if he can't figure it out. Maybe it's time to ask for a replacement sled if they can't fix it.

I will check the filter yet, what is the sticking EV? Would Octane level make a big difference? I phone Carls, guy there figured I probably have a detonation prob. I chekc this stuff out. Thanks guys for the replys, keep em coming if possible. Mike

08Alaska800

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Exhaust Valves is what Ron was referring to. 3 out of 4 in our group had
engine failures last year due to detonation. The only one that didn't ran
Av gas all year.

08Alaska800

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Hopefully that takes care of it. Apparently it didn't help AKRMK though.
Everyone else I know hasn't had any issues. Have you had the problem
all along or did it just start?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
I'm not the only one, there are others. I hear about them in PM's. Kinda depends on the dealership you went too.

I hope it works out for you. Nothing worse than having to deal with a sled that runs OK for a whole winter, taking it in the next winter for the "factory fix" and getting something back that runs worse.

Mike89

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta, Canada
just started this year. I did have it last year but i thought after the reflash in march it worked well. I'm only at about 1000 feet so i think that makes a diff. Most of the reports i've heard i think i should be ok. Cross my fingers and wait i guess. Yours is working fine though??

Mike89

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta, Canada
just started this year. I did have it last year but i thought after the reflash in march it worked well. I'm only at about 1000 feet so i think that makes a diff. Most of the reports i've heard i think i should be ok. Cross my fingers and wait i guess. Yours is working fine though??

08Alaska800 is yours working well??

08Alaska800

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
I'm not the only one, there are others. I hear about them in PM's. Kinda depends on the dealership you went too.

I hope it works out for you. Nothing worse than having to deal with a sled that runs OK for a whole winter, taking it in the next winter for the "factory fix" and getting something back that runs worse.

I agree. I hope the dealer gets it straightened out for you soon.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
:confused: hAS ANYBODY CHECKED THE CAN. WE REPLACED EVERYONE WE SOLD UNDER WARRANTY THE GUTS COME LOOSE

Premium Features