• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AK Technologies RFM Oil Filter

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I ran across AK Technologies RFM oil filter. Curious if anyone knows anything about them. I believe Andrew is from Langdon. Looks like a cool idea. Not sure what bikes it will be made for yet. Snowbike could use some better filtration imo. This is what i copied from Facebook

“The new project has finally come together. First of it's kind, Radial Field Magnetic Filtration. Using industry leading patented technology from One Eye Industries, I have created the next level in engine oil filtration for today's high performance machines. Over the past few months I have been testing this new design in my 2016 ktm 500 exc and the results have been phenomenal. I have over 40 engine hours of testing with 120 hours currently on the bike.

These rods have a magnetic field that travels around the surface of the rod instead of each end like a typical magnet. When oil is pumped through an engine by means of a gear pump, the particles within the oil pick up a static charge. Radial Field Magnetic Filtration is so strong it can pick up on non ferrous particles containing this charge. Also this filter can pick up particles smaller than 1 micron which a stainless or paper filter cannot pick up. (see results pictures). These filters will be great for sports like snowbiking with an increased load on the engine and clutch! Don't let that clutch dust slip by your paper filter!

Quick and easy to clean! simply remove it from your bike, wipe off with a rag and re-install! Never buy a paper filter again!

Extend your oil life by using superior and easy to clean filtration!

Pricing will be available in the new year!”

55hsih.jpg

2rpte2d.jpg

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I ran across AK Technologies RFM oil filter. Curious if anyone knows anything about them. I believe Andrew is from Langdon. Looks like a cool idea. Not sure what bikes it will be made for yet. Snowbike could use some better filtration imo. This is what i copied from Facebook

“The new project has finally come together. First of it's kind, Radial Field Magnetic Filtration. Using industry leading patented technology from One Eye Industries, I have created the next level in engine oil filtration for today's high performance machines. Over the past few months I have been testing this new design in my 2016 ktm 500 exc and the results have been phenomenal. I have over 40 engine hours of testing with 120 hours currently on the bike.

These rods have a magnetic field that travels around the surface of the rod instead of each end like a typical magnet. When oil is pumped through an engine by means of a gear pump, the particles within the oil pick up a static charge. Radial Field Magnetic Filtration is so strong it can pick up on non ferrous particles containing this charge. Also this filter can pick up particles smaller than 1 micron which a stainless or paper filter cannot pick up. (see results pictures). These filters will be great for sports like snowbiking with an increased load on the engine and clutch! Don't let that clutch dust slip by your paper filter!

Quick and easy to clean! simply remove it from your bike, wipe off with a rag and re-install! Never buy a paper filter again!

Extend your oil life by using superior and easy to clean filtration!

Pricing will be available in the new year!”

55hsih.jpg

2rpte2d.jpg
Interesting... But 40 hours is really not much testing.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
I'm not sure if I buy into non-ferrous debris picking up a charge from the oil pump and being able to be picked up by the magnet. If this was used in conjunction with a filtering element I think I might be more interested in it.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
I'm not sure if I buy into non-ferrous debris picking up a charge from the oil pump and being able to be picked up by the magnet. If this was used in conjunction with a filtering element I think I might be more interested in it.
In the video I saw on Facespace where he removes this magnetic filter from his bike, there was a traditional looking filter element around it (albeit with a hole in the end for the rod to fit through).

B
Guys, like me, are going to be very skeptical of "new, improved filtration" when there is NO filtration involved, only a "magnetic field" generator, straight out of Star Wars.

This seems like one of those solutions that is looking for a problem as people have not had issue with the $10 paper filter that gets changed every 20-30 hours or less.

At least someone is trying.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Sounds like snake oil. Clutch fibers are supposed to stick to a magnet? Can this be proven in a lab? Are our paper filters not working? Mine seems fine.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
very interesting.

ive been running that lucas oil additive in my gearbox, mixed at 10%. its unreal. i thought it was total bs till i tried it. its the stuff they have at every autoparts store where you turn the gears and see how the oil with the additive sticks to all the parts.

used to have to dump my oil every ride. on 6 rides now with the same oil and its just starting to turn a light tan color. every ride i just wipe off my magnetic drain plug. quite alot less goo on it now.

something to try for you guys anyhow. i started using it after a buddy told me it was the only way they could keep gearboxes in their ice racing bikes.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Are you talking about the Lucas oil stabilizer Portgrinder ?

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
very interesting.

ive been running that lucas oil additive in my gearbox, mixed at 10%. its unreal. i thought it was total bs till i tried it. its the stuff they have at every autoparts store where you turn the gears and see how the oil with the additive sticks to all the parts.

used to have to dump my oil every ride. on 6 rides now with the same oil and its just starting to turn a light tan color. every ride i just wipe off my magnetic drain plug. quite alot less goo on it now.

something to try for you guys anyhow. i started using it after a buddy told me it was the only way they could keep gearboxes in their ice racing bikes.
Assuming that stuff is not a good idea unless you have separate gearbox and engine oil?

Premium Features