• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My home made snowbike project

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
I have to admire builders like you who dive right into it. Doing this was my idea after I first tried snow biking out west last year. The ideas and refinements to exiting designs were racing through my head so quickly that I had to take a forced break from it all over the summer. I tried to dirt ride as much as I could and as winter approached I realised I had missed the boat for building my own prototype in time and succumbed to the Camso kit from La Belle Province!

I think the future of snow bike design is going to be based on the single rail Camso design. It has the potential to be the lightest yet simplest concept. It would be interesting to pursue building around that rail concept as the single guide rail fundamentally affects the whole suspension geometry above it.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I like the project. Projects are fun.

I also have a DRz400 but I would be afraid it wouldn't have enough HP to make the fun factor register. Any comments on the power output for your uses?

L
Oct 11, 2013
The power of my bike is like wr450.

Bigbore 440, cam, porting, valve job, exhaust, fcr39 carb, etc

The bad think of my bike is the act wide ratio gearset, it is gered very long..

Last winter, I run ad boivin explorer with my bike and the power is not a issues.

Anyway it's juste for testing, if it's run good, I want put the kit on ktm 525 or 300 smoker..

Envoyé de mon F3113 en utilisant Tapatalk

Premium Features