• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Posting your introduction.

K
Dec 5, 2016
Longview rider

Looking for people to ride with out of Marble Mountain, White pass, or Mt. Adams. Get a lot of days off during the week and am very dependable. If I say I will be there, then I will be. Get in touch, Im down to ride.

New Member Hello

Hello everyone. I'm done a bit of sledding but trying to figure out if I can use snowmobiles in my business so joined the forum. I sell Montana ranches for sale and have done well with using horses to see properties in the summer but then we have great difficulty in the winter. So I'm hoping to read and ask some questions and get some opinions. And oh yeah, if I buy a couple I'll get to use them on my own a bit! In fact, maybe I just want a write off for fun!

P
Feb 8, 2017
Hi I'm Levi

My name is Levi, and I'm a mechanical engineering student at Montana State University. I bought my first sled this fall and have been riding it as much as I can, trail and mountains. I'm transitioning from beginner to intermediate rider. There's so much to learn about riding these things in the back country. It's crazy fun.

I'm looking for people to ride with in SW Montana. I have a truck to haul my own sled but no trailer. I take good care of my gear and have avy rescue stuff. I am also an avid skier, so hit me up if you ski or board and we'll do some sled shredding!

I'm also down to help members wrench on sleds. There's a lot to learn about how these things work, and more importantly how and when they fail.

I have weekends off, and sometimes some free time during the week. Give me a call and let's go ride!
541-399-6930

Hello.
New guy here who used to ride a lot.
Then moved to Tofino and all but stopped.
Looking to buy myself and the family all brand new sleds this coming fall probably Cat or Polaris.
Moving to Whistler in June as well so hoping to discover places to ride up there.
Selling my 2014 Cat M800 with turbo.
So will probably be asking lots of dumb questions on new sleds and new riding areas as I have never ridden in Whistler.
I am 46, my daughter is 22 and my GF is 37.

Sledhed2012

Lifetime Membership
Sep 5, 2016
River Falls,WI
Was basic...now full blown member

Hello,
Grant here.....live in NW WI. and ride in northern WI and also northern MN. Been riding for 30 yrs or so...mostly trails but getting hooked on the deep pow and boondocking. Getting better every ride
..but so much more to learn. Looking forward to meeting new people on here......let it snow!!

M
Oct 14, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho... Long time listener, first time caller...

Call me contrary, but I always have bucked the norm. Just nailed an '05 Polaris 900 RMK 166" for pretty cheap. Even got the 'ol "it was owned by an old timer who only used it to check his mail at the end of his driveway" story. I'm fixing to take it to the dealership to check if the recalls have been done on it already. I'm assuming they have since the "Old Timer" put an SLP pipe and can, powder pro skis, HRP spindles, RX shox all around, Lefty throttle...and on and on... Just to get his mail. I haven't even really even looked at everything yet. It runs great and has a little over 2g on the odo. I don't like the looks of the runout on the clutch so I'm going to have it balanced and setup for a 1115 belt. Also going to check the crank when its off. Call me crazy or wish me well if you will, but 6'4" and 350lbs. needs some umph to move around, lol :beer; Cheers!

drrejensen

Premium Member
Nov 6, 2017
New from utah

New to The Forum and I'm looking for information on upgrades on a Polaris RMK 900 2005. I read that they run very well with the upgrades and would like to know what they are. Any help is very much appreciated.

drrejensen

Premium Member
Nov 6, 2017
New from utah

New to The Forum and I'm looking for information on upgrades on a Polaris RMK 900 2005. I read that they run very well with the upgrades and would like to know what they are. Any help is very much appreciated.

C
Nov 20, 2017
ALASKA
New to this site and not sure what I'm doing

My name is Caleb. Im a commercial fisherman in the summer and ride snow machines in the winter. Joining this site so that I can get help on my snow machines so that I can ride them in the winter.

New to the site. Looking for places to ride in NW Montana

Hi. Ty here. Flathead Lake area Montana. Moved here in September. Joined to find out where the snow is at around here and where people are riding in northwest Montana. Directions/descriptions of anywhere around the Flathead Valley/Swan Valley or west towards T Falls or Plains or anywhere else within a few hours I can ride now would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
B
Dec 6, 2017
Intro

Hello I'm Brian. I live on the east slope of mt. Hood. I got into riding as a kid on the neighbors old John Deere snowmobile. I finally got my own which was an old Polaris 440. When I went to college I bought a skidoo 670. I rode it to death around Bozeman MT. Since I moved back to the farm and started a family that hobby has been put aside. With not much extra cash I bought a artic 900 with a bad hole at an auction. I'm now looking for parts so I can play in the snow again.

Last edited:
N
Jan 7, 2018
Greetings All. Live in MN, land of 10,000 lakes... all taxed! Been riding since I was very young. Grew up on John Deere's, moved to Polaris, Ski Doo, and now have a Polaris XLT Touring for me and a Ski Doo Touring SLE for the wife. I just picked up an '04 Ski Doo Summit Highmark for heading out west. Looking for any/all cheap mods for the backcountry pow!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am a conservative California refugee recently relocated to Idaho and loving every minute of the winter. Enjoying the in-laws cabin in Island Park where we have access to four sleds. Lots of fun and learning more about the area every winter.
Ahhh
A fellow Californian REFUGEE!!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Diane K

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2018
where do you ride near Seabeck

what area's do you ride? I have a 2006 RMK 700

D
Dec 3, 2018
SnoWest Members.

When your ready to make "your" introduction, take a couple minutes and tell us something about yourself.
You know, the standards.
Who, What, Where, When and Why.

Post it as a NEW THREAD, not as a reply to someone else's thread. That way we will have an opportunity to reply to YOU and not to everyone else in the thread.

With over 33,000 members on SnoWest, I hope to see this as a busy forum!

Hello, I am a doctor from Wisconsin

Premium Features