• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker or Silber

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
now here is a new one. melted snow getting into the turbo? don't see how this is possible if the kit is installed properly. also don't see how the bully dog has anything to do with silber. it is well known they aren't waterproof units.

Just repeating what I was told.

But the problem is not really what the issues was, it was the total lack of support from Silber to the dealer. How can anyone expect to sell and stand by a product, when they even don't can get ahold of the manufactuer.

slabman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2008
Siber Turbo stop taking peoples hard earned money

I fell into the trap and ordered Justins kit and after I got it I could not get ahold of him until I called from a different number. That is when I decided to not install his kit and I was glad because issues came up with the kit not working like comes up every year. He has his buddies that say how great his kits are but they are junk. Fellow honest sledders do not waste your money on this as you see in so many posts they do not work and they leave you cold.

Last edited:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
try calling him Justin

might work better

i see you fixed it ha ha

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Here is some video from this last weekend, snow was horrible, bad crust that made it almost impossible to do anything, had the go pro on for about ten minutes in the only ok spot we found. Video should give you an idea how the kit ran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SuZ0B02cek

Running 7lbs at 10000', 40/60 Av/Prem. Super Responsive, almost like a stock sled, super manageable in the trees. Running the external waste gate kit, sled is a brand new 2014, kit was installed by Silber at 0 miles. Justin has been great to work with so far. Had a few issues (like 3 times in 80 miles) where the sled nearly died during a throttle chop, sounds like it is UNRELATED to the kit and is an issue with either the throttle cable, either iced up or too tight I believe. So far the sled seems pull and go, mix gas, check oil, pull the rope ride it. I am very happy, sled is insanely fun. 4 guys in the group have Pros and rode my sled, 2 of them bought kits yesterday.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
holy crap that snow was crazy lame :face-icon-small-sho
must've been a hard layer over fluff ? you can see your ski pointing strait up when it doesn't wanna move

on the other hand lots of on and off throttle with potential for loading or flooding it sounded like it was running pretty good

let it snow

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Crust over fluff, most places were super bad, literally a 1/2" of ice on top of lots of fresh, made things super tough. I got stuck atleast 5 times because one or both of the skis folded back so far that the loops were touching or about touching the shock, the stock ski rubbers are GARBAGE, I definitely need to do something about that. The area in the video was by far the best little spot we rode.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
LOL heres one for ya do you think these guys are putting down cold hard cash for the turbo's there running or for that matter the sleds there riding. I'll bet they don't even pay for the trailers they store the sleds in. Sorry to break the news to you but that's how they sell there product buy Jordan shoes because they make you jump higher LOL.

Well here's the good thing, I personally know all but one of those guys and know the answer, so before running your mouth maybe you should get your facts straight(cause I assure you, they are far from fact). Free Sleds, Turbos, Trailers???? LOL, I bet Dodge and Ford give them free trucks to pull these around in and local home builders give them free cabins to stay in? Shoot, I bet the oil companies give them free fuel too........... Like I said, get your facts straight before inserting your foot.

N

nofuture

Sep 10, 2011
The silber kit in the video sounds great. Nice work. What the pricing with all the bully dog and external wastegate?

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
I'm not sure and i'm not sure they can post $ cost on this site
so just call em or private message boston racing or silber on here

let it snow

Anthony
is there any $ in getting companies to pay me to not mention their name or
products when folks help get me unstuck or i'm broke down ? :face-icon-small-hap

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Here is some video from this last weekend, snow was horrible, bad crust that made it almost impossible to do anything, had the go pro on for about ten minutes in the only ok spot we found. Video should give you an idea how the kit ran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SuZ0B02cek

Running 7lbs at 10000', 40/60 Av/Prem. Super Responsive, almost like a stock sled, super manageable in the trees. Running the external waste gate kit, sled is a brand new 2014, kit was installed by Silber at 0 miles. Justin has been great to work with so far. Had a few issues (like 3 times in 80 miles) where the sled nearly died during a throttle chop, sounds like it is UNRELATED to the kit and is an issue with either the throttle cable, either iced up or too tight I believe. So far the sled seems pull and go, mix gas, check oil, pull the rope ride it. I am very happy, sled is insanely fun. 4 guys in the group have Pros and rode my sled, 2 of them bought kits yesterday.
That thing looks like a runner even in that crappy snow! 7psi on the external gate kit is a really impressive balance of power and smooth deliver. perfect tree weapon.

Funny you mention the throttle cable deal. We have seen that as well, guys insisting the mapping has issues, when in fact, simple problem, cable is just tight enough that under throttle chopping it will activate the throttle saftey switch and kill the sled and send rider onto the hood in the right spots.

Add that to the list of stupid things that give turbo kits a bad rap!! lol

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Have you seen that problem caused by snow/ice build up, an over tight cable, or both? Trying to decide if I want to loosen the cable a hair or try to figure out a way to eliminate or limit the snow build up.

And yes I bout went over the bars a couple times and thought holy chit... I noticed the sled was basically shutting off, gauges would go off and everything, then a second later resume running. Thought it seemed odd.

I feel like the video just doesn't do justice for the sled, so responsive and super strong up top.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
cant wait to try mine out tomorrow. just upgraded my last years kit to the external wastegate self lube and put the newest map on. should be a ripper.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
"Had a few issues (like 3 times in 80 miles) where the sled nearly died during a throttle chop.........So far the sled seems pull and go............."

Seems there are great differences in opinions as to what "pull and go" really means.
Just sayin.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Did you miss the part where I said it's unrelated to the kit?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So.......turbo kit-pull and go.
Sled-Not pull and go but pull and throw? As in throw you over the bars? LOL!

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Premium Features