• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Install Tips

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I would add to this thread, everyone should check the adjustment of the throttle blades....they should be open from .0025-.003" with a feeler guage checked between the blade and the bore, this will give a nice idle of aprox 1700ish with turbo installed. From what I have measured myself some butterflies are factory set way over this range, .007+ this while not a issue with stock induction will give idle of 2000+ with the turbo install.

Just a fyi.:typing:

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I would add to this thread, everyone should check the adjustment of the throttle blades....they should be open from .0025-.003" with a feeler guage checked between the blade and the bore, this will give a nice idle of aprox 1700ish with turbo installed. From what I have measured myself some butterflies are factory set way over this range, .007+ this while not a issue with stock induction will give idle of 2000+ with the turbo install.

Just a fyi.:typing:
So if they are out of adjustment do we have to then adjust the tps to get .947 again or as long as the baseline is good just adjust the blades?

Premium Features