• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault Skid into a REV?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Looks great! Those skids have crazy good weight transfer so if you can't control it by dialing up the rear spring pressure, then you'll need to raise the front arm mounts an inch. A lot of the Assault guys are doing that with theirs anyway (Poo tunnels have two front holes - lower for the Assault and higher for the Pro and a lot of Assault owners are going to the higher holes).

Have FUN!

G MAN

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Looks great! Those skids have crazy good weight transfer so if you can't control it by dialing up the rear spring pressure, then you'll need to raise the front arm mounts an inch. A lot of the Assault guys are doing that with theirs anyway (Poo tunnels have two front holes - lower for the Assault and higher for the Pro and a lot of Assault owners are going to the higher holes).

Have FUN!

G MAN

I got 3 days test riding on it in Michigan last week in 30 to 40 inch deep snow and it performed much better then I ever expected. The skid is pushed 2 inches strait back (not dropped) from the from hole location of my MXZ stock location. Weight transfer was perfect on it. Front end is light, but not too light type of thing. However this skid just eats up anything you through at it. From deep bump trails to any drops I would take it's just nice and smooth.

Premium Features