• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

shaved or stock?

K
Nov 6, 2008
Prince George, B.C.
So Im running a 99 700 zr, I have the snow stuff stinger, gutted air box, boyesen power reeds, and some clean up porting and polishing of the main intake and exhaust ports. Now I have an extra set of cyl heads and was thinking about shaving them down a bit and boosting the compression a bit. Has anyone else done this or run higher compression heads? what are your opinions on this, is it worth the trouble or am I asking for some? I wasn't planning on taking a whole lot off. I will be posting a build of this sled as I have a 1m fuel tank on the way and am going to put the wrp mountain assault seat, and new fuel can carrier.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
run good fuel and get your jetting dialed and you will be fine. They haven't used the old 700 since 2000, so probably not a lot running around anymore.

K
Nov 6, 2008
Prince George, B.C.
ya I think I'm only going to shave .010 off, and I run an aem af meter so jetting is all good. Cant afford a new sled this year so just keep upgrading, little bit at a time, I love the sled its a good machine.

K
Nov 6, 2008
Prince George, B.C.
I'm assuming you interested in a performance y-pipe, unfortunately no one males them, but there are a few things you can do to make them perform a little better if you want some info.

W
Aug 10, 2011
Your better off looking for used twin pipes from D&D. The 99-00 single pipe 700's are not the greatest with that single pipe. They like twins!

Premium Features