• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

custom stinger

S
Feb 20, 2008
i dont really feel like ponying out 300 bucks for a mbrp can so im ganna make my own custom stinger in shop class. what should i use to make it i have a general idea of what im ganna do i just need some input thanks

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Well, mandrel bent tubing of the diameter you want your stinger, a muffler assembly with the correct diameter of stinger for your application, and an exhaust flange to hook it up with.

Because your sled is a Skidoo I highly recommend measuring the ID of your stinger in the stock muffler and using that as the starting point for your new 'can'. The 800 engine uses a two inch core stinger in the stock can, but I dont know about the 700.

If it is the same 2 inch core, then I highly recommend you go to your local auto parts store and order a muffler for a Ford BroncoII. That can uses a straight through 2 inch core. Then weld a mandrel bend on the top of it and make it attach to your pipe.

I used one of these on my XP and it pulled more track speed than an HPS in back to back testing. Minimal gain, but a gain none the less.

Jake

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
Go pick up a Cherry bomb glass pack. Cut it into 2 pieces and take out desired amount, just to shorten it up, then weld it back together. I've made two of these exaust systems, and they work great! One for my rmk 900 and another for my buddies 01 summit 800. Their loud, but they sound great. I made an update to mine for this season, and that was weld a plate on the bottom of the can, and drill holes in the plate. It should quite it up a bit, and should give you marginal tune ability. Cheap too.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Aaaiiieeeyiyi,go shopping on a few other sites if you can't find a used can in swapmeet.Dootalk classified has a ton of parts for sale. MBRP isn't anything great to shoot for anyway. HPS performs probably best but is loud, Dynoport is ok.You should be able to find something other than trying to make a butchered muffler create the right back pressure for your motor,just my .02.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Or you can contact me and I'll sell you a coated "Stealth" Thing can, built by the SledShack up north of the boarder. $200, cost me $450.

Premium Features