• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 163 silber pump gas or bd?

S

Sledcrazy2014

Apr 2, 2013
Mitchell SD
I have never seen a silber kit on the snow so I can't say anything about them, but I have the BD side kick on my axys 163 and it runs flawless. The exhaust is all stainless and charge tube and air box is aluminum. I don't know how silber adjusts there boost levels but the BD box automatically adjusts boost for elevation, r you can ride from 0' to 15000' and not have to adjust anything, it's true pull and go system. And as far as warranty for cutting hole in tunnel, if you have a good Polaris dealer you won't have a problem. I have had mine in for a couple issues like tps and exhaust valves, all with the turbo installed and my dealer will cover anything except internal engine failure. With that said I like the BD kit, but I'm sure the silber kit rips hard also. Pick your poison and ride!!

Just to inform you
You cannot run a boondocker SIDEKICK turbo kit for 0-15k ft
Kit is designed to run from 4500 ft and up
If you don't think this is true call boondocker and ask they will confirm this
Boondocker gt turbo works for all elevation price starts at like 5600.00 compared to silber @3600.00

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Just to inform you
You cannot run a boondocker SIDEKICK turbo kit for 0-15k ft
Kit is designed to run from 4500 ft and up
If you don't think this is true call boondocker and ask they will confirm this
Boondocker gt turbo works for all elevation price starts at like 5600.00 compared to silber @3600.00

I will be calling BD to confirm that you can not run a Sidekick at sea level.

Edit, found this comment on a Youtube video about the kit. Stated by BD themselves " We offer a low compression head and domes for elevations below 3,000 feet. With a low compression head and the TiAL Exhaust System, the Sidekick can be used with pump gas at elevations lower than 3,000 feet."

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I will be calling BD to confirm that you can not run a Sidekick at sea level.

Edit, found this comment on a Youtube video about the kit. Stated by BD themselves " We offer a low compression head and domes for elevations below 3,000 feet. With a low compression head and the TiAL Exhaust System, the Sidekick can be used with pump gas at elevations lower than 3,000 feet."

And add another $1500 to the kit......

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
You can run boondocker kit any where so long as you pay another 1000$ to get tial waste gate exauhst. I just got another 3" axys with silber at 7 lbs too. Couldn't help it my spring sled is 5lbs axys 2.6. I wouldn't recommend pump gas any time I'd always run 80-20 mix it's cleaner and your motor will run and last better and longer. Buddy just got 3000 miles on his axys w 7 lbs silber kit not even a plug change ! Silber has done a great job easy 2 hour instal clutching and all! Love it thanks silber

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
You can run boondocker kit any where so long as you pay another 1000$ to get tial waste gate exauhst. I just got another 3" axys with silber at 7 lbs too. Couldn't help it my spring sled is 5lbs axys 2.6. I wouldn't recommend pump gas any time I'd always run 80-20 mix it's cleaner and your motor will run and last better and longer. Buddy just got 3000 miles on his axys w 7 lbs silber kit not even a plug change ! Silber has done a great job easy 2 hour instal clutching and all! Love it thanks silber

I may have missed this, but if you are running at elevation on 5lbs, you don't need race fuel. Your motor doesn't run "better" with race fuel. I run 11lbs of boost on a fully built motor and only run 33% race fuel at 6000ft. Too much race fuel makes your sled less responsive on the bottom end. Run the least amount of race fuel needed to keep your sled from detonating....I know NUMEROUS people running pump fuel on Sidekicks at 5000ft and up and not one of them has burnt down. Just fyi

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
You are right but have you ever pulled the top off a motor that has pump gas vs one that has ran even 80-20 mix? Big diff in how it looks... Even on my 5 lbs I mix 80-20. On my 7-8 lbs set up I'll run the same sometimes little more like 70-30 or even a 50-50. Your motor will last much longer if you mix some. buddy just got 3000 miles on 7 lbs 80-20 mix

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Pulled mine a week ago and looked perfect! 11lbs, built motor and 33% race. On a turbo it definitely protects againstt DET.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Thinking I might have to try some race fuel on my silber pump gas. Not sure if it was det or something else but riding yesterday ifyou were in a full throttle wheely it would cut out. Wouldn't do it full throttle if the track was mostly on the ground though. So I'm not sure if what I Was experiencing was det or just the track getting unloaded and over revving or something like that.

Also, after coming back down a hill if you kept the clutch engaged, it would load up and it would take some pumping of the throttle to get it cleared back up. I gotta say that my buddy's boondocker on his pro was running cleaner yesterday than mine was. What would be the reason it would be loading up like it was? It was definitely warm. Probably 60*, but I thought it was supposed to adjust for temp and altitude? We were running at about 8000'

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
If the secondary was locked up it could have caused the engine to have a load on it. This could cause it to load up a bit as you were most likely off the throttle going down the hill.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Thinking I might have to try some race fuel on my silber pump gas. Not sure if it was det or something else but riding yesterday ifyou were in a full throttle wheely it would cut out. Wouldn't do it full throttle if the track was mostly on the ground though. So I'm not sure if what I Was experiencing was det or just the track getting unloaded and over revving or something like that.

Also, after coming back down a hill if you kept the clutch engaged, it would load up and it would take some pumping of the throttle to get it cleared back up. I gotta say that my buddy's boondocker on his pro was running cleaner yesterday than mine was. What would be the reason it would be loading up like it was? It was definitely warm. Probably 60*, but I thought it was supposed to adjust for temp and altitude? We were running at about 8000'

Im sure the popping with the unloaded track could have been the limiter. The ECU does compensate for temperature change but at 60 degrees its a little rich. We leave them rich in conditions like that to help keep you from hurting the motor.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
are you over reving when you wheelie ?

Possible. Tough to look down wide open in a wheelie on a turbo'd sled lol

Thanks Boston for the reply. It's put away for the summer but I'll be ready to go this coming winter! Buddy was running about 8-10 lbs in his pro and mine is pretty close on top with his but definitely has more on the bottom end. Both are a hoot to ride!

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Deff check your secondary clutch... There's only one way it goes together but the snap ring can be put on wrong. If so you will not experience the true performance and flawless running silber... Also it's possible you slapped your rev limiter..

Premium Features