• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro Rmk Silber Reflash Final Adjustments

B
Nov 12, 2013
It seemed to depend on the snow conditions, but was usually pulling 8000-8200 RPM which is where you want to be. As far as the slots on the helix, I'm not too sure what I have going there

H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
I was running the red bolts with the thin washers at 77grams per the Silber clutching chart. About 6000ft in deep pow would pull 78-7900rpm. I'm going to try just the red bolts @75.5. Should be money.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
well just got back from Revy. Snow was pretty chewed up but still managed to find some untouched areas with good snow :face-icon-small-coo. The sled pulls really hard when I had it spooled up. But had a few burps and sputters in and out of the throttle and from a near stand still. After getting ahold of Justin, I found out I had the clutch weighted way too heavy. for around 7-9 psi up in the mountains they recommend about 75.5 gs. I'm almost positive this was what caused all of my issues. So will report back after my next trip out West!

Mine does the same. I replaced everything possible just cause. And its still the same thing this season. The kit only works flawless on trail or without heavy loads. If doing on off throttle movments as any "hard" rider does while boondocking unfortanetly they sputter. I think its loading up. Justins not interestd in helping with a better tune so i guess im buying a power commander this year. I like 10lbs at 6000ft and more as elevation goes up. At 7psi and lower its not too bad but gets worse with higher boost. Ive tried every type of fuel and clutching aswell. All my riding is in BC. The tunes just not 100% for all rider styles.

For those of youbwho think its perfect could you please try doubling a friend and catwalk up a hill doing on off throttle movement as this will make it happen every time as does heavy snow like we have in BC.

Last edited:
J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
I've been to revy twice now with silber's new kit. Running just the red bolts in the weights and I had zero issues with sled performance. Well I had issues but only because my lack of skill seems to pop up on occasion!!! I thought the mapping was good. 44/48 on the helix. Pink spring, 75.5 on the weights. 110ll av gas in the non ethanol setting, 8lbs

Last edited:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
yup have to now say that as we have heaver snow and more load on it, same issue, not bad but it will "sputter" on hard in and out of throttle stuff, tore it apart looked at everything, found nothing at all amiss, cleaned the blowoff valve ect ect same issue, on trail or in light loads spot on but needs to be adjusted for heavy load on and off for sure, hopefully they have a reflash for it. It is still way better than my older 2011 deal by a long shot but it is a issue that needs to start to be addressed for sure

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
For the same sputter you speak off, mine was fixed by good reeds and making sure there was no exhaust leaks. After those were fixed I had and have had zero bogs or sputter.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
For the same sputter you speak off, mine was fixed by good reeds and making sure there was no exhaust leaks. After those were fixed I had and have had zero bogs or sputter.

6500-8000 feet, reeds are new, stock polaris....sled will run totally spot on except for the noted sputter, interesting to note here at my property (3000 ft) you cant make it do it, runs perfect in all respects at 10 psi. And its not like its bad enough that you could not ride it all day with any issues, just that it does happen and its more than likely a fueling issue of some type.
It is possible that they need a stronger/better reed ? however I ran the same reeds on my 2011 at 14 psi with no issues. Also it may just be the nature of the beast at various loads/throttle useage, ie I can ride it and not have it miss a beat if I watch the flipper control, its my friends sled and he is a very good rider and very agressive so hes on the flipper much more than I would be and he has the sputter on it.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Gotcha, Ya at 1k to 5500k I had zero issues after changing reeds and getting the exhaust tight.

I know if you have and leak before or after the turbo it will cause bogs and sputters. This would increase under more load. Just something to double check. I had to replace the exhaust donuts and double all springs. Also found the main charge tube on the compressor was leaking due to a bad clamp.

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
Mine sputters too. Sounds like it hits the rev limiter one time then takes off again. No leaks, everything good, every spring doubled up. I would guess it's in the tune if we are all having the same symptom. It clears right up so I'm not too worried about it, just a bit annoying really.

I'll just live with the BAAAAAAbuuuuWAAAAA! for now if there isn't any updates coming. Besides that happening maybe 2 or 3 times in a whole day, this thing climbs like a goat.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
My springs are doubled. New dohnuts and siliconed. Brand new reeds and the originals werent bad but changed it anyway. Its not hitting rev limit as its usually 6500-7500rpm on data logs.

Like i was syaing try doubling up a hill with skis in air and do some on off throttle movement. Its not possible with the extra weight/load. Budies boondocker kit doesnt do it.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
it'd be interesting to play with primary weight and see if it changes anything

something is up if multiple people are experiencing it

Boosted Brad

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Mine is doing it as well I have the new v force 3 r reeds first time out at 6500 ft it was great next time at 8000 it was definitely doing it I'm wondering if I have to much av gas in it when I was at high elevation? 30%not sure but it sure runs hard lots of fun! :face-icon-small-hap

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
My springs are doubled. New dohnuts and siliconed. Brand new reeds and the originals werent bad but changed it anyway. Its not hitting rev limit as its usually 6500-7500rpm on data logs.

Like i was syaing try doubling up a hill with skis in air and do some on off throttle movement. Its not possible with the extra weight/load. Budies boondocker kit doesnt do it.

I have had similar experiences with this bog issue on my sled as well at that 6500-7500 range with a boondocker turbo . my experience is not exactly as you guys describe as my bog doesn't recover. My donuts are fine and springs tripled up. also played around with weights to get rpms down so its not over revving. I found its worse the higher boost you apply. 5-6 pounds its happened infrequently but at 10 pounds it was horrible. hunted around for weeks and calls to boondocker and finally i got some results with changing out the exhaust valve springs. Don't remember what stock springs were now but changed them out to a

7041786--12 ORANGE/YELLOW 9.5 12.0 2.397 .051 spring

and all but cured my bog issue. Still happens but very infrequently now. You might not need as heavy of a spring as this but this is what i used. I cant say this will help you guys but its not expensive to try. I know you guys are running a silber setup but this might be worth a try especially if it gets worse when you add more boost.

My theory behind the spring change was that as you add more boost the valves are opening quicker then when stock and not opening up the way the ecu is programed to adjust fuel so you develop this bog. cant say whether or not this is already program into the relash but it s worth a try.

Just a thought guys. hopefully this makes sense.

Last edited:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
well its worth a try on the springs

we ran it on race fuel as well as 91 pump, zero changes BTW i've also run them on 100% av gas between 6-12 pounds no problems, I do not think its any type of octane or det issue

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
I rode turnagain today, 2000-2500 feet. I could not run it on 10lbs. Too much bogging and sputtering. Dropped it down to 7 psi and it ran perfect. I swapped to the factory almond/red primary spring and loaded it with 81.5 grams. Turned 8200 all day.

7 psi at our altitude and air density in AK is borderline riding around on a chainsaw anyways. Plenty of power for me so I'm happy with 7 psi and no bogs.

Premium Features