• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker kit for AXYS

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Has anyone heard anything from boo dockers about their kit for the AXYS? Looked on their website but it hasn't been updated yet

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The only info I've seen on the 2016 stuff is on BBCA website....with Nov 1 delivery.

http://shop.burandtsbackcountryadventure.com/product/boondocker-turbo-kit-base-kit-for-2016-axys-rmk
-Starting at $3995

The Boondocker Base kit for the 2016 Axys is a true no hassle, non adjustable plug and play turbo kit built to run on 91 octane. This turbo kit can be run at all elevations and still utilizes Boondocker's Acclimatizing Electronic Boost Control - automatically adjusts boost to maintain the same hp. For all you sledders out there who are looking for a turn key turbo kit that runs on 91 octane at an amazingly affordable price this turbo kit is for you! Comes standard with:
-GT 2860 Turbo
-Standard tunnel exit exhaust
-Non adjustable control box that mounts under the hood
-Clutching

Turbo Kit Upgrades:

-Fuel System Upgrade $1295 Adjustable fuel control box, Auxiliary injectors, Air box to accept auxiliary injectors

-GTX 2860 Turbo upgrade $549
Back Country Choice - Modern aerodynamics with a 60mm billet compressor wheel and ported compressor housing makes the all new GTX2860 a preferred choice for technical back country riders. In comparison to the standard GT2860, the GTX2860 provides "Rippy" unmatched throttle response and increased efficiency at all boost levels and elevations.

-Tial Exhaust Upgrade $999
Redesigned to reduce weight and quick drive belt heat, this option combines the high flow efficiently of the stainless steel TiAL housing with a light weight high flow BoonDocker muffler and is fitted with a high performance external waste gate for precise boost control. This all new non-corrosive duo produces a significant increase in both bottom end throttle response and top end horse power all with a great sound.

-Water to Air intercooler: Pricing and ETA to be determined.

-VOHK tuned and customer support package $400
Erik Woog from VOHK performance has built every one of my bad boy turbo's pretty much since I've been riding a turbo'd sled. He's a tuning wizard, a ripper in the backcountry and someone who I trust to make my sled perform each and everyday out in the backcountry. Erik and I have teamed up to produce Burandt Built, VOHK tuned sled builds for the customer looking for the ultimate backcountry weapon! This performance upgrade will be required on all Burandt built turbos that come out of our shop. Our goal is to provide you the customer with a turn key turbo'd sled that will run flawlessly everyday. The VOHK tuned and customer support package will insure a sled that rips each and every day! Call Chris for more details on this package!

-Bully Dog GT tuner $549
Monitor engine systems with the new Bully Dog GT Gauge Tuner. The GT Gauge Tuner can also be used to upload custom maps to the stock ECU.

-Bully Dog Re-Flash $300
Custom Re-flash for your ECU

Taking Pre Orders now: Scheduled ship date of Nov 1. Get your order in ASAP to insure prompt delivery!

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Did anyone else see the vid burandt posted a week or so ago. That thing didn't sound like a turbo at all to me. Sounded very superchargery to me.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I am glad to see the trend of decreasing prices. That should help get turbos into the hands of a lot of people this season :biggrin1:

I thought so too but if ya keep reading it looks like the "base kit" is stock injectors, low boost... add there control box and extra injectors your back up to $5,200

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Did anyone else see the vid burandt posted a week or so ago. That thing didn't sound like a turbo at all to me. Sounded very superchargery to me.

What vid? Supposedly he was trying out a Carls supercharger last year, not sure if it is true or not

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
That's not the vid. It was a 30 second clip or so, and it was on a Axys. It was pretty impressive. I spent a hour looking for it again one afternoon. I cant find it anywhere. The vid was up only a few days after Haydays.

I thought so too but if ya keep reading it looks like the "base kit" is stock injectors, low boost... add there control box and extra injectors your back up to $5,200

I understand where you are coming from, but the base kit isn't intended for the guy that wants to make the Avalanche 1 highlight real.(sorry, maybe that's a low blow) Its intended for the guys that want to have a tree ripper.

Plus just something to think about. Your probably gaining 2lbs of boost or more with the new motor. Just some base numbers... if the motor is 160 and you add 7lbs of boost, rough numbers.. 60-70 horse. That 7lb base kit is going to get you up in the 210-230 rangeish maybe. Your Pro was around 140, and would take about 10lbs of boost to match that. The weight reduction and "snowmobility" of the Axys. 7lbs you will have a beast. It will take most of us anywhere we want to go.

I think the no fuel controller is a bonus for most customers... and for BD. No phone calls... "Hey Pete, where should my numbers be"

I understand, some guys regardless want the 14lb, tear the skin of my face, white knuckle pull. IMO, that type of sled is a blast to ride, but not always practical. I have conversations all the time, the owner says their sled rips, and his buddies say it is horrible. Its personal preference.

I think the base kit is catered to the average person.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
That's not the vid. It was a 30 second clip or so, and it was on a Axys. It was pretty impressive. I spent a hour looking for it again one afternoon. I cant find it anywhere. The vid was up only a few days after Haydays.

I understand where you are coming from, but the base kit isn't intended for the guy that wants to make the Avalanche 1 highlight real.(sorry, maybe that's a low blow) Its intended for the guys that want to have a tree ripper.

Plus just something to think about. Your probably gaining 2lbs of boost or more with the new motor. Just some base numbers... if the motor is 160 and you add 7lbs of boost, rough numbers.. 60-70 horse. That 7lb base kit is going to get you up in the 210-230 rangeish maybe. Your Pro was around 140, and would take about 10lbs of boost to match that. The weight reduction and "snowmobility" of the Axys. 7lbs you will have a beast. It will take most of us anywhere we want to go.

I think the no fuel controller is a bonus for most customers... and for BD. No phone calls... "Hey Pete, where should my numbers be"

I understand, some guys regardless want the 14lb, tear the skin of my face, white knuckle pull. IMO, that type of sled is a blast to ride, but not always practical. I have conversations all the time, the owner says their sled rips, and his buddies say it is horrible. Its personal preference.

I think the base kit is catered to the average person.

This IS the video I was referring to.

Doesn't sound normal to me.

B
Nov 3, 2014
Its great to see some manufactures finally coming out with more low boost, and more economical turbos.

I think most people done realize one of the biggest benefits of boosting a machine is not just gaining power, Its not loosing power from altitude.

A 160HP sled is great, but when you are at 9000ft, its actually running closer to 120HP (Typically 3% per 1000ft). If a kit allows me to be at 170HP at altitude, without reliability issues, and without having to worry about race gas etc? Sounds pretty hard to beat.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I'm looking at running the base kit with the gtx 2860. I'm not looking to be the king of the hill just want a bad a$$ boondocking sled

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
That's exactly what I would do, except maybe add the Bullydog too. I want to dump the rev limiter. Those guys are running 86-8800 rpm.

Snowmow.... I can't see the link, unless my phone is messed up.

Last edited:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
That's exactly what I would do, except maybe add the Bullydog too. I want to dump the rev limiter. Those guys are running 86-8800 rpm.

What does the bully dog do exactly.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
:face-icon-small-ton

Not sure where you got the 8600-8800rpm? The 8150-8250 is still the ideal RPM for power. Engines would be popping left and right if they were running 8800rpm.

The base is very similar to my first turbo, 6-8lbs depending on elevation. Very manageable power to get your feet wet in the turbo world and can be easily upgraded when ready. I ran a non-intercooler Tial GT on 8lbs and it was so snappy on the bottom, I almost want to go back for this year when snow isn't 3ft of fresh. At this point there was no bullydog or reflash and the box just worked fine. I think if properly setup, it will be that extra umpth to ditch your buddy's in the trees.

This year will be arm wrenching at 12lbs with the new engine. Looking forward to white rooms with white knuckles:face-icon-small-ton

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Never had a turbo we stopped at 8100-8250. Always made the best power at 8450+. Ask Burandt what he is turning.

Premium Features