• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 pro want to turbo it, but don't know what turbo to get.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
If it were me I would wait until the season is over and see whats available for 2014. The Silber kits are going to have an impressive list of features and capabilities the other guys wont :face-icon-small-win

We are hoping to have a demo ride lined up for the 2014 Silber kits in Colorado sometime in April if your close enough to come throw a leg over one.

BIGSHOW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The Push Kit has been pull and go!

I had a Boondocker on my 2012 Pro last year it ran great. The only reason I tried the Push this year is that I wanted something more responsive for tree riding. I have been very impressed so far and haven't touched a computer or the Vipec. Jeff Meidinger with Dakota Performance wrote the Map on my 2013 Pro and the only thing I do is put oil and 91 octane in and ride the heck out of it. On off Throttle when in trees and going up the hill feel so smooth. I'm guessing it's because they don't have a blow off valve. Just ride one and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I attached this short video of Cooke from this last weekend. My buddy recording calls it an HM but it is actually my push kit. Quality of Video is low quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMBMC2SROkE

Last edited:
D
Sep 5, 2012
Craig CO
I'm in the same boat Tanner. I think i'll be going with an intercooled Boondockers setup and having it installed/tuned by Eric Woog in Kremeling. I have a 12 pro with 1450 miles on it, It's currently in the shop getting a new motor under warranty. I'm wondering if the boosted motors are holding up? I was planning on a full teardown and top end every summer as a precautionary measure. Many crank or rod issues?

Thanks,
Dave

S
Nov 27, 2007
Who wants to carry a lap top around you ride and constantly tune..VIPEC is the worst option as far as im concerned. What a pain in the ***. I've never had to screw with one button with my boondocker kit. It truely is pull and go.

LOL its actually the complete opposite, best thing that has ever happened to the sled turbo industry if you ask me... Try one I can promise you wont be disappointed

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
LOL its actually the complete opposite, best thing that has ever happened to the sled turbo industry if you ask me... Try one I can promise you wont be disappointed

Why is the best thing thats ever happened to the sled turbo industry so quiet, no videos just a few guys that say its the next best thing.. Sure was alot of hype about it and how people couldnt wait to get them out on the snow but sure isnt much follow up??

S
Nov 27, 2007
It gives a novice tuner the ability to have a mod sled that is just pull the rope and not have the headaches of fuel controller box failures or the ability for them to make bad choices and cause damage to the sled. Vipec makes all adjustments from temp to altitude changes. I'm am in no way affiliated with vipec or trying to push anybody into buying it, but I do believe it will be the future for sleds. Yes other manufactures will have there version. Try one for a day it's impressive!

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Why is the best thing thats ever happened to the sled turbo industry so quiet, no videos just a few guys that say its the next best thing.. Sure was alot of hype about it and how people couldnt wait to get them out on the snow but sure isnt much follow up??

Shoot man, There is alot of these on the hill. i would say that only 5% of my customers accually post on this site. they just dont see the benifit of posting and wasting there time. They are out riding or doing there own thing. There are some companies that have a ton of nutswingers. Those guys live and die on the forums.

give us a call and we can give you the low down on anything or kit has and why we use it. Sure it is not the cheapest. Everything has its purpose. All the parts have been thought out and wrok with data to prove it.

800dragon_rmk

Dec 3, 2007
Dawson creek B.C, Canada
Ive put 1100 miles on my HM turbo this winter so far, havent had one problem. gas and go. i have tons of video if anyone doubts the capablity of this kit. just youtube hm turbo and youll see some videos of a black pro with pink shocks. Ive always laughed at how someone can own one kit and then every other brand is a pile of garbage. some people need to open up to change. Oh and you get what you pay for with turbo kits haha

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
Ive put 1100 miles on my HM turbo this winter so far, havent had one problem. gas and go. i have tons of video if anyone doubts the capablity of this kit. just youtube hm turbo and youll see some videos of a black pro with pink shocks. Ive always laughed at how someone can own one kit and then every other brand is a pile of garbage. some people need to open up to change. Oh and you get what you pay for with turbo kits haha

People who work hard for their money deserve to know the truth about every kit.. i find it very hard to beleive you have 1100 miles on your kit and only put gas in it.Thats like saying silber turbo guys love their sewer hose intake or boondocker guys love how their quickdrive belts blow from the exhaust being so close.You laugh at people who are scared of a change i laugh at people who jump onto the next best thing to find out they might have wasted their money

Last edited:
P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
I have a 2012 800 switchback with a silber kit and boost it fuel controller . It's a truly pull the cord and go. 6psi , pump gas and I ride at 1000ft. Last weekend the old lady used my sled on a 70km poker run , going between 25 to 40mph and it runs flawlessly ...1400miles TROUBLEFREE..

C
Jan 16, 2013
People who work hard for their money deserve to know the truth about every kit.. i find it very hard to beleive you have 1100 miles on your kit and only put gas in it.Thats like saying silber turbo guys love their sewer hose intake or boondocker guys love how their quickdrive belts blow from the exhaust being so close.You laugh at people who are scared of a change i laugh at people who jump onto the next best thing to find out they might have wasted their money

well said! i also laugh at people who are sucked in to "the next best thing". I also laugh at people that have pink shocks on snowmobiles unless it is a woman.:cheer2:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

Pretty well said, I always thought that is what the forums were about... But seems no one wants to admit that there kit or product they spent there money on isn't working very well, or there afraid of people thinking there bashing the kit/product. Wish everyone could just man up a bit and tell there honest experience with the kit/product so they can help others out.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I have never heard anybody make a general statement that they are all running perfect. We have had a few sleds that gave us fits. Sometimes there is a sled problem , install problem and even the ocassional kit problem. When I am aware of a problem I do my best to take care of it. Silber support doesn't have set hours. We answer the phone whenever we can including nights and weekends.

Last edited:

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
I have had a 2012 Silber kit I only put 632 miles on it last yr and my friend has put close to 1,000 miles this yr it runs every day, with some box tunning. I have been running the 2013 Silber kit this yr I have just over 1,000 miles on it the kit works better than good. I have lost an oil pump, part of life. I need to tune my box most days a little but very easy to do. This yr I have 16 rides on my 2013 kit, an I can say to anyone it has ran every trip, and ran very well. Big smiles from my way. Can't wait to try Justins 2014 kit, thks guys.

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
I have had a 2012 Silber kit I only put 632 miles on it last yr and my friend has put close to 1,000 miles this yr it runs every day, with some box tunning. I have been running the 2013 Silber kit this yr I have just over 1,000 miles on it the kit works better than good. I have lost an oil pump, part of life. I need to tune my box most days a little but very easy to do. This yr I have 16 rides on my 2013 kit, an I can say to anyone it has ran every trip, and ran very well. Big smiles from my way. Can't wait to try Justins 2014 kit, thks guys.

So if i was to buy a pro turbo kit you would say silber is the best possible kit out there and that i would have 1000's of trouble free miles with nothing but a smile. Or are you just saying that because its the cheapest and its what you own.

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
So if i was to buy a pro turbo kit you would say silber is the best possible kit out there and that i would have 1000's of trouble free miles with nothing but a smile. Or are you just saying that because its the cheapest and its what you own.

Seriously? The guy just gave his experience with his kit.

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Seems like trash talk really prevails on turbo sleds, makes it tough to sort the chaff from the grain. I have all summer to read up but from leaning towards BD based on price and performance, or for a couple grand more boost-it. I know this will cause more chit but I rode with an aerocharged 12 this year was junk, then had the embarrassment for a dealer of the most abused turbo manufacturer on this forum by hanging a licking on three of his sleds with my 1100t at 215hp. Then I rode with 2 great running Intercooled bd's and a boost-it that would all out run my 1100 but 6 sled lengths on a 500 ft climb. Bd exhaust does concern me but vents and a ceramic coat on the can should fix that. That being said I only live a hour from boost-it, drop my sled stroke a cheque for 9000 grand I'm good to go if he will fit me in, his shop is swamped at all times with installs.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Seems like trash talk really prevails on turbo sleds, makes it tough to sort the chaff from the grain. I have all summer to read up but from leaning towards BD based on price and performance, or for a couple grand more boost-it. I know this will cause more chit but I rode with an aerocharged 12 this year was junk, then had the embarrassment for a dealer of the most abused turbo manufacturer on this forum by hanging a licking on three of his sleds with my 1100t at 215hp. Then I rode with 2 great running Intercooled bd's and a boost-it that would all out run my 1100 but 6 sled lengths on a 500 ft climb. Bd exhaust does concern me but vents and a ceramic coat on the can should fix that. That being said I only live a hour from boost-it, drop my sled stroke a cheque for 9000 grand I'm good to go if he will fit me in, his shop is swamped at all times with installs.

How did the BD's compare to the Boost-it?

Premium Features