• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Received New Push with Standalone Vi-Pec

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
It sounds good. Did it have a little dead spot coming over the hill or am just hearing things. How much boost were you running, and was it straight pump? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sounded like an overtach while he was WOT. Track unloaded or clutching issues... Realbass, what is your altitude? Sounds good, glad it is working. If this kit seems to be the real deal, I will be on one next year.

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Sounded like an overtach while he was WOT. Track unloaded or clutching issues... Realbass, what is your altitude? Sounds good, glad it is working. If this kit seems to be the real deal, I will be on one next year.

May be you right guys. We didn't clutch issues and we still don't know what is best clutch setting for turbo poo.
We are running
79 gram
altitude 4000ft
8350 rpm approximately.
Stock springs

If turbo gurus would recommend for us what is the best clutch settings it will be very nice.
Thank you.
May be tomorrow i will add some more video files. Need to check have i good vids or not.

Sorry guys. I checked what is exactly boost was at video.
8 PSI. But we will try do it some upper at next weekend.

8fd5085bd916.jpg

Last edited:
N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Hey guys. I have great news. It is running AWESOME!!!
I am so impressed that i don't have any additional words.
You should see it.

Great news. I just got my ECU wired up last night. Good thing I have steady hands, wiring the little pins in the ECU plug was not easy. I can't wait to get mine running. Unfortunatley no snow yet!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wow 8psi at 4,000ft on straight pump is impressive, and doing it with no intercooler.

Wish Push would make a good WA intercooler to go with there kit I think I would be all over one

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Wow 8psi at 4,000ft on straight pump is impressive, and doing it with no intercooler.

Wish Push would make a good WA intercooler to go with there kit I think I would be all over one

Good luck to you Nubulin. You did right choice with this t kit.

We can see all temperature changes.
Some later may be we will think about how can i install the intercooler instead of headlights, and check how is change for temp.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Good luck to you Nubulin. You did right choice with this t kit.

We can see all temperature changes.
Some later may be we will think about how can i install the intercooler instead of headlights, and check how is change for temp.

Do you know what your charge air temps are right now?

Are you thinking about doing an air to air intercooler? Wish they could just make a Water to air airbox like the TSS or Boost-it kits. Everything else about the kit looks and sounds top notch.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Do you know what your charge air temps are right now?

Are you thinking about doing an air to air intercooler? Wish they could just make a Water to air airbox like the TSS or Boost-it kits. Everything else about the kit looks and sounds top notch.

May be you right guys. We didn't clutch issues and we still don't know what is best clutch setting for turbo poo.
We are running
79 gram
altitude 4000ft
8350 rpm approximately.
Stock springs

If turbo gurus would recommend for us what is the best clutch settings it will be very nice.
Thank you.
May be tomorrow i will add some more video files. Need to check have i good vids or not.

Sorry guys. I checked what is exactly boost was at video.
8 PSI. But we will try do it some upper at next weekend.

8fd5085bd916.jpg

In his data log it says his IAT is 54C

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I ran my pro at 11.8 that was my target at wot and that's what seem to have the best color on the plugs. Some guys told me they ran there turbo sleds at 13 Afr and that is lean.. You can feel the power fall off on the top end and the plugs looked lean.. The mid range is where I get the mixed reviews on where the best Afr is.. I think optimum is around 14.5 mid any thoughts..

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
What's your current clutching setup?

79 gram
altitude 4000ft
8350 rpm approximately.
Stock springs

At this weekend i will to change weights, i think it will 81 or 82 gram.
My rpm target should be 8150 under load i think.
I still do not know exactly what of springs i need to use.
Hey turbo gurus, would you recommend for me spring numbers?

I heard some earlier some guys running 13 afr at wot, but i think it possible only at very high altitude 12000-13000ft
Knowledge of english don't allow for me explain to you what do i think about it.
Molecules of oxygen running some slower at high altitude? May be it is answer at lean wot?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
how have you found out 11.7 afr is too rich for a turbo 2 stroke??? just curious (no bashing).
Running turbo 2 strokes with AFR and EGT's at the same time as well as plug checks and wash confirmed the ran best around 12.8 AFR resulting in stable 1250 egt's and nice golden plug color. anything below 12.5 AFR and you could feel it start to feel "dead" and audibly run worse. 12.5 afr resulted in approx 1200 egt's and 12.0 was around 1150 egt's. rode the sled at 12.8 all winter and ripped. any lower and it ran slower and didnt have quite the top end it did at 12.8. if you ran it at 11.7 it felt like running in sand, hit RPM but just didnt have the pull it should have.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
On a 2-stroke what you see on the gauge and what the actual burn in the cylinder is not the same. You will always have some unburnt charge in your exhaust, that’s why a boosted 4 stroke can run in the high 10s for air fuel and not a 2-stroke. Your turbo set up is going to have a impact on what you will tune for on you’re air fuel gauge. The best is to validate you gauge numbers first.

If Gino is tuning for 11.7 I believe it is because his sensor is before the turbo

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Running turbo 2 strokes with AFR and EGT's at the same time as well as plug checks and wash confirmed the ran best around 12.8 AFR resulting in stable 1250 egt's and nice golden plug color. anything below 12.5 AFR and you could feel it start to feel "dead" and audibly run worse. 12.5 afr resulted in approx 1200 egt's and 12.0 was around 1150 egt's. rode the sled at 12.8 all winter and ripped. any lower and it ran slower and didnt have quite the top end it did at 12.8. if you ran it at 11.7 it felt like running in sand, hit RPM but just didnt have the pull it should have.

I saw a lot of dead engines with 12.5 afr at wot.
Max egt was 1250.
I am running at last year 12 at wot, egt was 1330 after long pull and i never had any issues with my pistons.

What elevation of your sledding ?

Last edited:
R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
All system working correctly and at this weekend you can see good video of our sledding with vi pec standalone ecu guys

Woooo hoooo :cool:

ynepa9y7.jpg

Galaxy Nexus Tapatalk

Premium Features