• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with Silber turbo kit thread number 2.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Will do. But while my A/F reader is out im kinda scared to test it out to much, strange thing about the a/f reader is that it goes on and off at different rpms. What can be the reason for this? :/

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
sounds like a bad wiring job with the afr guage problem.i switched to an amg guage. my sled was doing the same thing yours is (det). i rode it today and no det anymore (thank god). this is what i did to fix it. i took it in the shop and layed the heat to it, drying everything out really good. once it was dry i siliconed the back of the control box so no water can get in there. i also now have 3 zip ties on each side of my air box holding it together cause those 2 long bolts keep braking. i might go to a spring system soon if i get motivated enough to fix it properly. i re-gaped my spark plugs to .23. i grinded the air box tab where it was hitting and i bent the pipe guard where it was hitting. i was running straight av gas now im 70% 94pump and 30% AV, I switched to articat 048 belts, i turned my helix to the other setting.i cleaned the bov and put some vasiline on the o-ring for lube. i was on 6 pounds today at 5000 feet with my box numbers at
green 4
orange 4
red 5
green blue 3.5
orange blue 1.5
red blue 4
in the trees thats what i found worked the best. i raised the green and orange blue up on the trail out.
my pis in each cylinder is 90.
hope some of this helps.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Just came in from alittle ride right now, did what you sad and jumped the yellow up to 4.5 and yellow blue down to 4. Only hit dET once on a 15min ride, when going from slow cruising to wot fast, which is about 4times less than before. The a/f gauge was working good again, so im blaming it on ice, so unpluged it and took it in to dry it.

Can still see ive got a lean spot at high cruise, but dont know exactly what to adjust, since i cant really see any function to adjust high cruising, only cruise and wot.

Thanks for the tips on yellow and yellow blue, seems like that did alot. But not 100% satisfied yet, but we'll see.

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
sounds like a bad wiring job with the afr guage problem.i switched to an amg guage. my sled was doing the same thing yours is (det). i rode it today and no det anymore (thank god). this is what i did to fix it. i took it in the shop and layed the heat to it, drying everything out really good. once it was dry i siliconed the back of the control box so no water can get in there. i also now have 3 zip ties on each side of my air box holding it together cause those 2 long bolts keep braking. i might go to a spring system soon if i get motivated enough to fix it properly. i re-gaped my spark plugs to .23. i grinded the air box tab where it was hitting and i bent the pipe guard where it was hitting. i was running straight av gas now im 70% 94pump and 30% AV, I switched to articat 048 belts, i turned my helix to the other setting.i cleaned the bov and put some vasiline on the o-ring for lube. i was on 6 pounds today at 5000 feet with my box numbers at
green 4
orange 4
red 5
green blue 3.5
orange blue 1.5
red blue 4
in the trees thats what i found worked the best. i raised the green and orange blue up on the trail out.
hope some of this helps.

One thing that catches my eye here is the orange or yellow /blue setting. It is at 1.5. Sunvang is at 4. This is like your accelerator pump circuit and this light tells the box how quick to activate it. The lower the number the quicker it activates to prevent a lean spot when stabbing the throttle.

Sunvang, have you lowered this yellow/blue down this low before? I have tripped DET on my Dragon before when I didn't understand this yellow/blue function and had it too high. My Dragon likes .5-1.5 yellow/blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Nope, never had this so low, so that is definatly my next thing to try! :)

Wish Silber would give some more detailed tuning advices on the different lights in his descriptions. Would atleast help alot for us international turboers who dony hav english as first language.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
green 4
orange 4
red 5
green blue 3.5
orange blue 1.5
red blue 4
hope some of this helps.

This sounds about right except the yellow/blue is to low i think it should be 3.5 or 4 for your alttitude. but give it a try both ways.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
So what do i need to adjust to get my high cruise a/f ratio down?

Still havent got any answer from justin after emailing him two times the last 3-4weeks, it would be great to get an input from him also on this.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
So what do i need to adjust to get my high cruise a/f ratio down?

Still havent got any answer from justin after emailing him two times the last 3-4weeks, it would be great to get an input from him also on this.

Silber has the best customer service... I can't believe he hasn't answered your emails.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
I found that u just can't cruise at the same rpm for long, unless it is wot or below 1/4 throttle. Pretty much have to vary the rpm's to keep it from running to hot.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Turbo's

This is a fact with any 2 stroke I have been on. They do not like trails at a cruse speed you must wick the throttle. I have been able to throw fuel so you can but then they will not run on the hill.

I found that u just can't cruise at the same rpm for long, unless it is wot or below 1/4 throttle. Pretty much have to vary the rpm's to keep it from running to hot.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
THANK YOU....This is so true. Even on a stock sled you can watch the sled go lean whether it is EGTs or AFR. Gets you right back to the basics of a 2 stroke......ALWAYS VARY YOUR THROTTLE POSITION....unless you like to buy pistons.

This is a fact with any 2 stroke I have been on. They do not like trails at a cruse speed you must wick the throttle. I have been able to throw fuel so you can but then they will not run on the hill.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
If u go on Justin's website, go to the tuning page. All the modes are broken down pretty well. I think he just added that to his site this year, all the modes weren't explained well at all when I bought my kit. Took me awhile to get familiar with it all. I recommend that u get urself a Koso egt setup. Being new to tuning it is so helpful to have 2 referance's.

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
I just towed out a sled yesterday with my dragon. Bumped up the single green and throttle held steady about 5500ish rpms yeided 12.2-12.4 the whole way out. No blipping, nice and steady.....just like we are not supposed to do! Only a few miles, though.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I get what you guys are saying, but why am i havimg a dET problem when going through/past the lean section, and nobody else does? What do I need to adjust to get a little more fuel around that area, so it wont dET?

Premium Features