• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STANDALONE ECU PLUG N PLAY DIRECT FACTORY REPLACEMENT 800CC POLARIS ENGINE

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i cant wait to see how these things work this year. maybe next year if the concept is proven i will put one on my turbo. i hate the dobeck it never seems to be able to dial in completely its always just a hair too far one way or the other

Ken Climb

Premium Member
. maybe next year if the concept is proven i will put one on my turbo. i hate the dobeck it never seems to be able to dial in completely its always just a hair too far one way or the other

You nailed it! We're all skeptical about an unproven product. But would be really cool if it worked.......

I can't believe guy's still run that dobeck/attitude box! Unless they've improved a bunch from my Yami day's, you need to pack at least one spare in your back pack!

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
You nailed it! We're all skeptical about an unproven product. But would be really cool if it worked.......
Don't worry about the product working or not.....after thousands of hours, "WE KNOW IT IS WORKING FLAWLESS".

I can't believe guy's still run that dobeck/attitude box!
:face-icon-small-sho
Unless they've improved a bunch from my Yami day's, you need to pack at least one spare in your back pack!
They didn't improve ....

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Any plans for demo days up in the hills?

So guys can see and feel these in the mtns.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
For $1995 , what do i get for performance gains on a stock sled , also i think i seen awhile back that you posted a turbo system that you were making to go with the ECU , any more info on that .

Thanks

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
I will make a proposition here. Show me that it works at our elevation, 10k-13k. I will buy 2 of them. They are turbo applications. Both Poo Pros. Show me the goods and I WILL show you the money.:face-icon-small-win

With that said, I don't want to be the "test pilot". I am lazy, and do NOT want to tune on my sled on the hill.:face-icon-small-dis I want to pull the rope and go get STUCK.:face-icon-small-hap

I patiently wait for your product to prove itself.:pray::thumb:

Sam

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
The only issue I have with standalone is need one to run secondary injectors. Running yamahas going bigger injectors to run standalones the bottom end is never great.

And if you have an issue you just sit there scratching your head. Hope it works but not too confident in it working flawless all the time with 0 issues.

I never had an issue with my fuel box with yammis

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
I will make a proposition here. Show me that it works at our elevation, 10k-13k. I will buy 2 of them. They are turbo applications. Both Poo Pros. Show me the goods and I WILL show you the money.:face-icon-small-win

With that said, I don't want to be the "test pilot". I am lazy, and do NOT want to tune on my sled on the hill.:face-icon-small-dis I want to pull the rope and go get STUCK.:face-icon-small-hap

Sam

Give me a small bit of time and Ill be waiting for your check in the mail........:face-icon-small-sho

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com

Very very possible, I will post when we are ready with the boosted pro, turbo is on and runs like a ragged dog now its getting the vipec. I will try and post when its ready to roll and if you want to take a blast on it in cooke city be my guest. :face-icon-small-hap

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Give me a small bit of time and Ill be waiting for your check in the mail........:face-icon-small-sho

I am all in.:face-icon-small-coo Just remember, I am no test pilot. I don't want to have to "burn" a new program for our elevation. Been there, done that.:face-icon-small-fro

Produce and I will deliver.:tea:

Sam

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
For $1995 , what do i get for performance gains on a stock sled
We have some maps that are over 14 hp from stock and 24 lbs/ft torque over ....without any knock on and on 91 octane.
also i think i seen awhile back that you posted a turbo system that you were making to go with the ECU , any more info on that
The turbo kit is done and since we have guys like jake at mild 2 wild motorsports and bryce at turboboyz aboard now, i don't want to get in their playground with turbo kits......they have excellent product and in a very short time, all their kits will rip at any elevation!
thanks

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Snow just hit quebec this week....so now it is time for us to finalize N/A mapping and jump on turbo application . Christmas is at our door so beggining of january is our target for fine tune on turbo application.

we will show up with our distributors on the mountains for sure this winter in some part of usa....will let everyone know where and when.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
get your finance together, you will have to write me a check very soon....this winter for sure!!!

With that said, I don't want to be the "test pilot".
we understand that.
I am lazy, and do NOT want to tune on my sled on the hill.:face-icon-small-dis I want to pull the rope and go get STUCK.:face-icon-small-hap
right now you don't have to tune on the hill to resolve some problem ....you are getting towed because you have no clue at what's going on! at least with our ecu, you can datalog your problems and find them very quickly.

Damn snow is late this year so are we with tuning on the snow but now it is snowing a bit here and some distributors have snow already so it is on now!!

Sam
thanks sam !

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I do hope it works out for you, the proof of course in in the running....:face-icon-small-coo
If you realy have 25 years of e.f.i. knowledge in your pocket, then it is guy like you we need to build maps faster so everybody can enjoy the standalone innovations........instead of wishing us the best , why don't you just purchase one and start fine tune for your application and share with the community your knowledge??the hardware is 100% ready, just need some experienced guy in the game now.....

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
The only issue I have with standalone is need one to run secondary injectors. Running yamahas going bigger injectors to run standalones the bottom end is never great.
Bigger injectors as nothing to do with poor bottom end, poor tuning is your problem....you need to have the proper tool to tune your sled i.e. standalone!

And if you have an issue you just sit there scratching your head.
i don't get it......what are you doing when your attitude box scrap your riding weekend?? you are not seating there scratching your head, you know you have no other options but to go back to trailer ....at least with a quick datalog you can see in a minute what is wrong with your tune.....need to remind you that once a tune is spot on, like OEM it will run perfect forever.
Hope it works but not too confident in it working flawless all the time with 0 issues.
why is that? haven't you seen cars with plugin standalone working good for years? my own 94 supra with 1008 whp id working flawless for 6 years now!!!...

I never had an issue with my fuel box with yammis
might be right ......But you are leaving on the table 75 hp with your fuel box compare to a standalone with proper tune!!!!!that is more reliable than a dobeck or boondocker

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I do hope it works out for you, the proof of course in in the running....:face-icon-small-coo
If you realy have 25 years of e.f.i. knowledge in your pocket, then it is guy like you we need to build maps faster so everybody can enjoy the standalone innovations........instead of wishing us the best , why don't you just purchase one and start fine tune for your application and share with the community your knowledge??the hardware is 100% ready, just need some experienced guy in the game now.....

LOL...better yet why don't you give me one and i'll mess with it for you.
After running my buisness for 25 years, selling it,moving up here retired the last thing I want to do it is mess with motors.
If I was going to do this I would call Phil Royds and get a system to mess with and then sell it.
But in all seroiusness, You have a good idea using a known system. Problem you will face is that even tho the price of 1700.00 is dirt cheap from vipec for there system,and is in fact a great bargin, we are dealing with a very, very limited market is the turbo sled world. First off how many actual kits would you sell ? Well figure there are around 400 or so turbo kits sold a year, if that, to 2 stroke sledders, probably 75% of those are more than happy with the system that comes in the kit, as they do in fact work quite well when installed and set up right. So we are now down to maybe 100 a year.
Second problem is that a sled is a disposible item, you ride hard and its pretty much shot after 2 seasons, and if not its been replaced by newer more advanced models. Yes you could use the system on another sled, but thats still a bit of work to redo it all.
Sure I would lilke efi on my n/a mod sled to replace the flawless,easy to tune Mikuni flat slides I run, but do I want to take time from sledding,racing,golf,hunting,fishing,sking,dog trials and my other hobbies to spend time to dial in a new system? Nope, been there, done that.......just not fun for me anymore, like honda says "I want to ride" lmao:face-icon-small-ton I faced this same dilemma a few years back when setting up my Turbo street car, wanted to do it all myself as i';ve always done but made the decision to let Protomotive just do the build for me,expensive? you bet, but cheaper in the long run with much less headaches.
That being said if you had a nice bolt on ready to run turbo system with the vipec efi, that was fully tested and ran perfect with no issues for lets say 7-8K, yes I would buy one from you and be very happy with it. :tea:

Last edited:
A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Buy one???

X2^^^^^^^ Sounds like you should give him one and benefit from his help, not ask him to buy it and then fix it himself.

So it's been months now. You ever going to post info on what hp gains you are seeing w stock and turbo applications???

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
I'm pretty sure that in another thread he show'd the turbo kit they have built and are testing, it comes with the vipec and if I remember right he said the price would be under $4900 ???

I'm waiting very patiently for them to finish this kit so I can have one this year...

Premium Features