• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer tips

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Dec 21, 2006
Any tips for prepping the wood floor that has been used for 5 years? I am going to do the 2-stage epoxy. Also, POR-15 so far is a pretty amazing product. I will have to see how it holds up to the crap they put on the roads around here this winter.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Where did you get that rack from, I really like it

Sorry guys, I havent been to this threasd in a while till I got a pm about the tubular helmet / clothes rack. I'll do better. You can pick one up HERE . I really like mine. I'll be starting on my trailer soon and will post up some fresh pics. Sorry again for the late response. EW

A
May 5, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
Here is my latest addition

A queen size bed that rolls up to the roof. Used it this weekend moose hunting and it was awesome. Now I need to work on a furnace.

bed.jpg

B
Dec 21, 2006
Any tips for prepping the wood floor that has been used for 5 years? I am going to do the 2-stage epoxy. Also, POR-15 so far is a pretty amazing product. I will have to see how it holds up to the crap they put on the roads around here this winter.

Just throwing this to the top again. I am going to start this next weekend and would like to get the prep right so that I dont have to redo it

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT

What is POR-15? Also interested in doing my floor with something.... I painted the paneling inside with KILZ primer this summer...was starting to get mold on the ceiling

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Bigred,
Way back in the day I had a biz and we repaired and treated decks. I used a product call UV 40 that was manufactured in Utah. Look for a dry chemical powder wood cleaning product and follow the use instructions.

what we did:
Get the surface soaking wet...a minimum of 20 minutes prior to applying the cleaner. Then I would mix the chemicals up and swab it on the surface. I also like to use as hot of water as you can get. A hotsy is super handy at low pressure or hook your garden hose up to your home hot water heater for a soaking right before you apply the chemical cleaner. I think this opens the pours of the wood and also loosens grease or oil residue from the pours. Then we would back scrub with a stiff shop broom. (I MEAN SCRUB!) Next we power washed the surface. (USE EXTREME CAUTION) You have to be very careful not to fur the wood or damage the surface with your pressure washer. The finish won't stick correctly if your base wood is all furred or torn up. If you have some torn up areas or horribly furred you should sand the heck out of it and get below that damage or cut it out and replace it. If you get the flooring coming up it will eventually run. This process should remove all of the oil residue and any pre wood treatment that is in the board. Let it dry out completely before applying the floor coatings. Several days with the trailer open and fans running. If you are in a wet humid area shop it up for the dry out. You'll know when you are done as the wood will be gray and dead looking.

B
Dec 21, 2006
What is POR-15? Also interested in doing my floor with something.... I painted the paneling inside with KILZ primer this summer...was starting to get mold on the ceiling

It is a 3 step paint that you can put over rust. You have a cleaner, metal prep, and paint. Read the instructions well because if you get the paint on you, you have to wear it off. The paint kinda of etches itself in. Make sure that you get any flakey rust off before. If the surface is exposed to UV light, you will have to paint over the POR-15. I got it at Wesco auto body supply. So far so good. I tried rustoleum last winter and it lasted a trip.

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
Love the hinge cover but what about heat installs

I'd like to put a propane furnace in my enclosed 2 place for nights when I'm to tired to drive home I've searched snowest and online and haven't found much, please share some pics and ideas.

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
Great ideas and pics

i WAS LOOKING AT INSTALLING A COMPRESSOR THE MAIN ASSEMBLY IN A CUPBOARD AND THE TANK UNDERNEATH. THOUGHT CARB CLEANING AND AIR TOOL COULD BE A HANDY EXTRA 100LBS. HAS ANYONE DONE IT YET?

W
Nov 26, 2007
Trailer goodies

If this upload works, you should be able to see a new set of interior lights, sound system, helmet storage, reel for electrical cord that can be pulled out from under the trailer for recharge of two insync 6 volt batteries complete with inverters and converter. A furnace with boot and glove dryers and ski skids. I think it is pretty cool. Oh yeah this was last year and a new Dragon was making it home :):)

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

trailer3.jpg

trailer4.jpg

trailer5.jpg

trailer6.jpg

trailer7.jpg

Premium Features