• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16-17-18 Timbersled differances

Jan 4, 2017
So I am looking at some used kits and was wondering what the changes that were made between the years and whether its worth the extra money for the new aro kit or for less money the older kits I am going with the tss on all kits

2016 had the plunger bump stops in the rails. Many have broken these rails.

2017 Gets new rails that are much stronger. Also gets a new look to the side panels, side panels are also stronger. Kit is welded differently also. The 2017 is noticeably more rigid. Also they came out with the "LE" model witch has the QS3-r shocks which are pretty much the best ever put on a snowbike.

2018 is the ARO. Pretty much all new, narrower track, wider ski, new frame, new track, etc. Build quality and fitment is much better than previous years.

I'd recommend a 17 if you don't want to pony up for an ARO.

Jan 4, 2017
isn't a RAW kit a 17 style ? $3000
good point I think the shocks are even cheaper on the raw? but suspect everything else is the same how about riding comparison from the 17 to the 18 aro noticeable diff.? I am no longer considering the 16 thanks for the info

M
Jan 14, 2004
Yes, the only difference between the 17 raw and 18 raw is that the 18 gets the new ski and spindle.

That alone would be worth the price of admission. The old ski is, well, old. They wash out pretty bad and can make some days pretty frustrating. Don't let price be your exclusive guide, you get what you pay for in this sport as its still evolving.

Its pretty tough to beat the value of the Camso kit. Performance vs cost is way up there. The 2019 suspension is much improved, new ski bunch of other stuff. Do I wish it had more bling and was 15 lbs lighter, YES, but it just flat out works and you don't feel the weight difference once you are riding. 129 to 129, the Camso is 14 lbs heavier than the 129 Aro LE and 34.7 lb heavier than a 129 Yeti Free Ride not the SS. All 12" track models. Camso to TS raw is like 5 lbs and you get a 129 DTS track.

Something to consider. Options. Good luck with you search whatever you get you will be hooked.

M5

BTW I was 6 years on TS before switching to the Camso

Jan 4, 2017
I sold my 17 camso and want to go to a shorter 120 with a TSS I don't have a lot of time on the camso but I feel for my type of riding I will be happier on a shorter skid with the extra pivot of the tss I was not that impressed with the construction of the camso I felt it was on the cheaper side it worked well in the trees with lots of powder though

M
Jan 14, 2004
That's fine I get it, the 2017 wasn't anything special for sure, but the old TS welded frames aren't that great either, go for a 120 Aro and be done with it.

M5

good point I think the shocks are even cheaper on the raw? but suspect everything else is the same how about riding comparison from the 17 to the 18 aro noticeable diff.? I am no longer considering the 16 thanks for the info

The difference from the 17 to the aro is pretty big. The aro is much more bike like and reacts much quicker. It does trench more in the deep fluf though. It is also under-sprung if you're aggressive. Swapping the 150/175 lb (front/rear) springs to 200/200 makes a big difference. You can smash through the bumps with the heavier springs and it stay straight instead of bottoming out, kicking up and swapping.

Jan 4, 2017
thanks much for the info I think I will go with the aro I was just looking at a used 17 thinking it might be ok for the cost savings but you confirm what I suspected

Premium Features