• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sometimes won't start after shutting off

B

Buried

Feb 14, 2010
Have a 2016 M8000 with Boondocker Pro-Boost turbo. Seems like once or twice a day I'll shut it off and when I try to start it, it won't start.

So I unhook the Fuel pump wires and do the 9 volt battery trick. Try it again. If still nothing, I unhook the temp sensor, pull the rope a couple times. Reinstall temp sensor and pull.

Usually it'll start. If not, I start the process over and it starts.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight? When it was N/A it would do this too, but I got by, by pulling the rope a few times and it would eventually fire.

Could it be just heat soak? TIA

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
there seem to be some issues like this out there. One of my 15 M8's seems to do this. Its bone stock, except a tether cord. It would die and sometimes it would restart for just a moment. I found that by giving a couple of drips of gas in the cylinder it would fire right up. Its like there isn't enough charge to keep the fuel pump running when pulling it over and the running for a moment longer will keep it running. Doesn't explain however why it does it in the first place.The fuel pump assembly is kind of spendy. I have been reading more 16's it seems doing it than 15's. ITs never in the morning when its cold. Always when it is being ridden, plugs are bone dry when i take it out after pulling it over several times. . My other 15 has never done or even hiccuped.

Last edited:

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
Call dale at cutlers and he can get you a hot start switch that you flip when this happens. My boondocker did the same thing and the switch fixed the problem 100% Dale does this on all his turbo sleds and it comes as a standard part in his kit sense 2010 because the turbo amplifies the problem.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
I know I will catch some flack about this but when I ran a boondocker controll box I had the same issue and I had a hotstart switch. I carried a small bottle of starting fluid with me. All it took was a little squirt in the air snorkel and away I went. Use in small amounts and you wont have a problem.

Since I went to a PCwBoost and the problem went away.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Call dale at cutlers and he can get you a hot start switch that you flip when this happens. My boondocker did the same thing and the switch fixed the problem 100% Dale does this on all his turbo sleds and it comes as a standard part in his kit sense 2010 because the turbo amplifies the problem.

Im trying to understand this hot start switch thing I have two cutler set ups here and they both have them i have my own turbo set up that i built and never have any issue like this. So whats happening here that it stakes this hot start switch to start?

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Both my stock'16's did this last weekend warm day after hillclimbing......plugs were dry, put gas in cylinder, then it would start.....someone posted airbox temp sensor gets hot so unplug it to start...yet to try myself...maybe just do a cool down lap.....

Premium Features