• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Super hate my new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Really dislike this sled so far. 19 175 X. When PDI-ing it, went to start and the rope just pulled, nothing caught. Jiggled it a bit and it worked. Worked fine 4-5 times at shop. Got on the mountain and started to ride, the thing made sounds like gravel running through the engine when coasting through bumps. I THINK I tracked it down to a VERY poorly fitting clutch cover. When stopping and trying to figure it out, recoil quit working completely.
Cut ride short, tore it down, and of course once in shop, it worked again.

Anyone had any similar recoil issues on 850? I did on one of my 800 Etecs, I pulled it, cleaned all the factory grease out of it, added some of mine and it worked flawlessly until I sold it. Will probably try that before warrantying a new one, but to be honest, these are kind of a pain in the rear to take off, don't want to have to do it again.

And the clutch cover rattle, anyone else have it? Sounds Horrible, like gravel in a blender, lol. When I hook the front in, and install the clip, I can rattle it around and get it to almost come out in the front. ??

W
Sep 9, 2013
Really dislike this sled so far. 19 175 X. When PDI-ing it, went to start and the rope just pulled, nothing caught. Jiggled it a bit and it worked. Worked fine 4-5 times at shop. Got on the mountain and started to ride, the thing made sounds like gravel running through the engine when coasting through bumps. I THINK I tracked it down to a VERY poorly fitting clutch cover. When stopping and trying to figure it out, recoil quit working completely.
Cut ride short, tore it down, and of course once in shop, it worked again.

Anyone had any similar recoil issues on 850? I did on one of my 800 Etecs, I pulled it, cleaned all the factory grease out of it, added some of mine and it worked flawlessly until I sold it. Will probably try that before warrantying a new one, but to be honest, these are kind of a pain in the rear to take off, don't want to have to do it again.

And the clutch cover rattle, anyone else have it? Sounds Horrible, like gravel in a blender, lol. When I hook the front in, and install the clip, I can rattle it around and get it to almost come out in the front. ??

Yes, today on my 18. Worked fine all last year and today didn't work once first pull then next stop, not at all. Worked fine after that for another 6-8 stops.

Taking mine to the dealer this week so they can fix that and the shot that hasn't worked since day one. Good thing they are super easy to start, even with the shoelace on the clutch.

Wouldn't trade the sled for anything though.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
They aren't easy to start with 3 miles on them with the shoelace, lol. I wasn't about to wrap my hand or finger around the lace, and had a hard time holding onto it. Took 6-8 tried to get er fired, then raced back to the trailer.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I am just super bummed, I buy new every year, loose a ton on resale, so that I NEVER have issues, and never have had for the most part. This was a bad start to the year. Really didn't want to have to get towed out my by my 8 year old on his M6000, lol.
The horrible sound bothers me more than the recoil.

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
I remember this being an issue with a few 17’s when they were new. Im not 100% sure but I thought it was something with there being too much grease in there maybe?... but dont quote me on it. Mine is a 17 and has only not caught once.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I remember this being an issue with a few 17’s when they were new. Im not 100% sure but I thought it was something with there being too much grease in there maybe?... but dont quote me on it. Mine is a 17 and has only not caught once.

I think it has always been a grease issue with these things, back to 99. Mine has a lot on it, but it seems like it is a super thick grease. Like I posted, on the last one that I had, getting rid of their grease and putting some normal good high temp grease fixed the last one. I am going to check with the dealer tomorrow before I do it. The rattle noise and crappy clutch cover fit bothers me more.......

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Haven't talked to them yet, usually the knowledge here is quicker. Like AK posted above, there is a SB on it, found that out before I could get to the dealer.

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Since you have such a dislike for your new sled ask the dealer to give you your money back, you probably are going to dislike more in the future????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features