• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha first ride impressions

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
My snow flap is destroyed also, made it 60 miles. I’m going to try an Axys one on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Noticed when I picked mine up had same exact mark on skid. So not from bottoming out. Thinking from transport or packaging? But it is the exact same mark. Guessing everyone has it.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Truck mudflaps make a great snow flap for sleds. I have no idea why the rigid flaps nowadays...they all break.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anything you didn't like about it?

The purple parts need painted black.

Really nothing I didn’t like about performance, handling, fit & finish etc.
clutches were cool to the touch after some long ish pulls.

Ski’s are an almost exact copy of the poo gripper underneath. (Felt consistent and familiar)

The stamped running boards don’t have much grip. (Airframe style boards would remedy that easy enough)

I’d like to get it in some trees to do more comparison to Axys handling.
(Snow is all above treeline so far this year)

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Put the first 50 miles on mine today as well. Snow was crap, but my overall impression is that if feels like the 18 only everything is easier. Mine did not have the break in mode for the first hour or so my 18 had. Anyone else notice this? It seemed to wake up quite a bit after 2 hours though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
2019 silber turbo and no break in, after 20 miles went from 75.3 g to 78 g to keep rpm in check. motor is going to be strong tho.

E
Aug 29, 2016
Buena Vista, CO
I rode an alpha 1 6000 yesterday in about 36” of fresh- my current sled is an AXYS 800 155 with 36” front end and some clutching and gearing changes. Overall I was really surprised with the alpha 6000. Yes it wasn’t an 800 but the clutching and track got every bit of that 600 power to the snow. Popped on top of the snow super easy, picked up track speed well and side-hilled simply amazing. My 155 Axys tends to try to wash out and elevator resulting in me continually adjusting the steering to keep on a hillside. The alpha just stuck to the hill and had superior traction and grip.

I’ll be trying an alpha 8000 and probably getting one for my next sled. It’s that good

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I knew this thing would be the greatest thing since milk. Everyone was worried about washing out. It is when you don't have forward momentum or traction that sleds really wash out. Even the axys, which is awesome imo, will do it. That is why the 174 xm was pretty good but the 154 was awful. Sounds like the alpha has both. Can't wait to try mine.

fharrison

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2009
I knew this thing would be the greatest thing since milk. Everyone was worried about washing out. It is when you don't have forward momentum or traction that sleds really wash out. Even the axys, which is awesome imo, will do it. That is why the 174 xm was pretty good but the 154 was awful. Sounds like the alpha has both. Can't wait to try mine.

I dont like milk but I do like sliced bread. Can't wait to try mine. It is torture looking at it in the garage.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I dont like milk but I do like sliced bread. Can't wait to try mine. It is torture looking at it in the garage.

In the name of mental health you can store it at my place, kinda out of sight outa mind. Hell I will even ride it for you if you like. LOL

I have been there before and its hard, but after speaking with a few guys that have been riding the snow pack is very low in some areas. It's better to look at it in the garage than be buying A arms and fixing.

R
Jan 26, 2017
100 miles on the alpha after coming off a stock axys and silber turbo axys that I had for the past few years. Alpha acts very similar to an axys except it out performs the axys in every category. At 10500 ft it pulls very comparable to my silber turbo axys and feels much more playful. Yes I realize the horsepower difference but the alpha just pulls and pulls, very impressive. Rode with guys who all rode 850s and axys and they all were impressed. Only tougher thing to get used to is when you come across a rutted out trail on a sidehill it requires very little effort so you almost have to shift away from the hill otherwise it wants to washout. This took a half a day on the first day to figure out. I noticed this only when there was low snow. In no way is it as bad as it sounds, it is really the only thing I could find against the sled. Running boards are kinda sub par compared to Polaris. 100 percent recommend an alpha its mind blowing the abilities of the sled.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

Thanks for the bad rep snowmoman over this post. Pretty sad people hide in the corner and just hit the bad rep button. Don't have anything to add or say why they disagree. Really bad feature. Really makes me mad. Those are the people, in society, that key your car, flatten your tires, or give you the finger. Basically snowests version of antifa. Pretty sad they don't get rid of this feature.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Thanks for the bad rep snowmoman over this post. Pretty sad people hide in the corner and just hit the bad rep button. Don't have anything to add or say why they disagree. Really bad feature. Really makes me mad. Those are the people, in society, that key your car, flatten your tires, or give you the finger. Basically snowests version of antifa. Pretty sad they don't get rid of this feature.
U have emojis in the new forum.
Don't know if they effect 'rep power'.
c5dfb5d125adbaaa6976e84cfe7a3347.jpg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I guess I'm just not a fan of this new world or tech I guess. I don't say things that I wouldn't say to someone's face. If I don't agree I tell why or just don't say anything. I am not butthurt if someone disagrees or doesn't like the same things. Liberals are the same way. 90 percent go off on you because you don't like what they do but can't or wont give a reason why.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I guess I'm just not a fan of this new world or tech I guess. I don't say things that I wouldn't say to someone's face. If I don't agree I tell why or just don't say anything. I am not butthurt if someone disagrees or doesn't like the same things. Liberals are the same way. 90 percent go off on you because you don't like what they do but can't or wont give a reason why.
I agree, Life is better when people can debate differences in a healthy manner.

Alpha has a much better mountain track than any competitor.
The clutching is the best i have seen from the factory.
The shock/suspension is also the best i have ridden from the factory.
The engine is similar to Poo and Doo in smoothness and power. We will see how the durability compares.......

Overall handling is the best fit for me and the way i ride.

Last edited:
Premium Features