• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Monster Energy/Slednecks’ Paul Thacker seriously injured...

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Monster Energy/Slednecks’ Paul Thacker seriously injured...

From a Monster Energy press release:

Monster Energy/Slednecks’ Paul Thacker is seriously injured in a freestyle snowmobile crash

CORONA, Calif., (December, 2010) – Monster Energy/Slednecks freestyle rider and world snowmobile distance jumping record holder Paul Thacker recently suffered a very serious injury.

In what seemed to be a small harmless crash Paul actually landed on his handle bars and the impact was so great that not only did it break several ribs but also somehow managed to break his back as well. With little or no feeling from the chest down Paul was immediately life flighted to Regions Hospital in St Paul, MN. Paul went immediately into surgery to fuse a couple vertebrae as well as a stabilization surgery.

“Fells like a great big person has been sitting on me from the chest down and now its fully asleep and all tingly haha,” said a remarkably upbeat Thacker from his hospital bed.

So with the bad news out of the way, here’s the good news: Thacker’s team of doctors already have him on a fast track to rehab. A pro-class athlete that’s in tremendous shape physically, Thacker’s applied his ‘Send it!’ attitude to his recover program. “My doctor’s an amazing guy (and yes, his name really is Dr Mciver, but no he did not use duck tape and a pocket knife for the surgery) and the entire team here’s very optimistic. Everybody here’s got me at ease,” says Thacker. “I’m miles and miles ahead of where they thought I’d be.” Paul is fully breaking healing and rehab records left and right.

So as Thacker enters the initial phase of what’s going to be a lengthy rehab trail, anyone who’s gone through physical rehab knows full well the process is extremely expensive. And though Thacker’s got good insurance, they’ll only pay for a fraction of what it’s going to take to get him back on his feet. And we’re not talking ice & stim and Thera-Bands here. He’s going to require twice daily sessions with NASA-style technology given his injury.

How to help: Believe it or not the high-flying Thacker used to be a banker (we’re not kidding). And the good folks at Wells Fargo have an account set up for Thacker’s Recovery Fund where friends and powersports industry members are welcome to make a donation. The account number for the Thacker Recover Fund is: 770 865 3824 And for those wishing to email their wishes to Thacker can do so at: fly11@gci.net or hit him up on his facebook page.

Stay tuned to MonsterEnergy.com and slednecks.com for consistent updates on Thacker’s progress. We’re all hopeful he can – and will – make a complete recovery and Monster’s proud to be with him 100-percent.

Monster Energy supports the scene. Be it freestyle snowmobiles, ISDE, BMX street, Dew Tour, Supermotocross, enduro, TORC, Rallycross, skate, MTB, trials, boardercross, MX, SX, go-karts, pit bikes, PWC racing, off road, rally, insane distance jumping, MotoGP, road racing, supermoto, FMX, rock crawling, wake, snow, surf, ski – name it – seems athletes and bands are rockin' Monster Energy more than anything these days. Monster Import, Import Light and DUB join all the types - Original Monster Energy, Lo-Carb Monster, Monster Assault, Monster's fruit juice hybrids dubbed Monster Khaos, Monster M-80 and Monster MIXXD, the ground-breaking Java Monster and X-Presso Monster premium coffee & cream drink line supercharged with Monster Energy's blend, 3 oz. Monster Hitman Energy Shooters, nitrous oxide injected Nitrous Monster and the new no carb/sugar Absolutely Zero. Paul Thacker digs ‘em – so will you. On the ‘Net at www.monsterarmy.com and www.monsterenergy.com

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Wow, I'm hopeful for a speedy recovery and it sounds like it's well on it's way.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
That sucks.....hope he heals up fast!

But what I do feel is complete Bullchit is a pro level athlete needing to ask for handouts to get thru a work related accident.

Can't help but notice monster tacking an ad on the end of this press release. Wow first class.

They should have announced that Paul has nothing to worry about as they would be completely covering all of his medical expenses.

J

jfox1995

Jan 12, 2008
That sucks.....hope he heals up fast!

But what I do feel is complete Bullchit is a pro level athlete needing to ask for handouts to get thru a work related accident.

Can't help but notice monster tacking an ad on the end of this press release. Wow first class.

They should have announced that Paul has nothing to worry about as they would be completely covering all of his medical expenses.

x2

I hope he gets better, but with all his sponsers he should have nothing to worry about money wise.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
Ya doesnt sound right. Ive never heard anything like that before. But will pray that things go his was on his road to recovery

Premium Features