• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Advantage of snow checking?

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
Do you just get colors, better warranty, a discount or what?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
You get to be the first in line when they stick ya in the keister.

I got a longer warranty when I checked my 08.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It used to be that you got a better waranty, better shocks and graphics and usually something like a jacket or credit toward gear. Now I think it is just a matter of warranty because the same sleds are available at the beginning of the winter.

SpeedWobble

Premium Member
Jul 11, 2001
North Central Washington
Or just wait till January and pay two or three thousand less on a new sled. Snow Check is the biggest joke Polaris has. They used to guarantee the best pricing of the year for Snow Checked machines, now you basically get hosed for full price by Snow Checking, but if you wait till mid season Polaris and it's dealers will be giving sleds away at yard sale prices. I will never snow check another machine until Polaris guarantees that to be the lowest price, and agrees to pay back the difference when they dump their inventory in mid season.
SpeedWobble

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
Or just wait till January and pay two or three thousand less on a new sled. Snow Check is the biggest joke Polaris has. They used to guarantee the best pricing of the year for Snow Checked machines, now you basically get hosed for full price by Snow Checking, but if you wait till mid season Polaris and it's dealers will be giving sleds away at yard sale prices. I will never snow check another machine until Polaris guarantees that to be the lowest price, and agrees to pay back the difference when they dump their inventory in mid season.
SpeedWobble

Agree 100%

S
Nov 1, 2008
Sabin MN
In 01 I paid 5800(snow check) for a Edge 600 and got 5300 on trade less than 1 year later on a new 02 Pro x 440, and I have bought 3 new sleds since then and never came out that good, If you could upgrade every year and only lose 500 bucks its a nobrainer, even a thousand dollars and I would buy a new one every year but now its more like 1500 or 2g every year with nothing special for snow check.

B
Sep 16, 2008
I've bought a new sled three years running and still own all of them (largely due to the pathetic trad-in values). $hit, I'm presently trying to negotiate trading my 09 Assault with hardly 1100 miles for a new Pro RMK and hoping for a mere $6500 real dollars for it in trade. Yeah, it has a few marks from boondocking but it's in superior mechanical shape. Reality is, the depressed value of trades versus the inflated value of the new sleds will probably prohibit me from having a new Pro RMK out of principle. If I must, I can justify that my old 08 D7 with PCV, pipe can, Holz suspension and a list of other goodies ALMOST compares. But I want it so bad!!!

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
Is it worth it if you plan on keeping it 4 or 5 years? I've never bought a brand new sled before, let alone a first year sled, but I'm seriously thinkin about goin for this RMK. Any thoughts?

Dec 25, 2008
Screenshot2010-03-09at71526PM.png

This sled is driving me nuts!!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
SpeedWobble

I completely disagree with the 2-3 grand in price difference. I paid $10,285 OTD for my SC'd Dragon. I guarantee that nobody was getting anywhere that type of discount.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I think the + of SC out weighs the possibility of getting a better price later in the season. It's not likely that there will be leftover Pro's this year and more likely that they will be SC only if demand is high.

MTNMAN800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Denver Colorado
I'm not sold on Snow Checking, it seems the incentives are getting weaker and weaker. If you have the cash and can make a decent trade go for it. If not, wait and see. I do agree that this year with the Pro RMK being brand new there probably won't be any laying around to be discounted in mid season.

S

super6

Feb 5, 2008
I completely disagree with the 2-3 grand in price difference. I paid $10,285 OTD for my SC'd Dragon. I guarantee that nobody was getting anywhere that type of discount.

passed on a 2010 D8 155 for $9800 in 1st half of Jan. 2010 (dealer in MN). They also had an Assault, same price. Seems to me that the mid-season price is WAY better than the snow check.

Sxriar: I agree to. Hope some dealers order up a bunch of the black/silver pro-ride 800 155's, then sell them for $9800 like they tried to last year! Can't wait to ride one

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
According to my local Polaris dealer he was told that with a planned lower production run of the Polaris Proride RMK 155's like the 600 last year and a healthy or good snow year with good ride reliability reports on the sled like we have seen so far will make the value hold strong and the prices high.

I also agree with Ron that snow checking one will be the best way to be sure you can get one! If you look back the discounts have never been available on the first few years of a newly redesigned sled until they have been over produced and inventory has built up over a few year period.

Polaris uses the same style games on all the new released products from the atvs, sleds, victorys, etc. They sure do know how to get the motorsports or recreational users attention though. Yes they might know marketing better then building 800 Dragons IMO.

Premium Features