• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 RMK PRO 800

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
Well it is always our intention to leave them alone......then they keep coming out with all this "good" stuff:face-icon-small-ton

Avid Products was there looking at the tunnel, track clearance and chaincase issues for putting 174X3's under it... The videos we were given show action shots of a grey Pro Poo with a long track...:face-icon-small-ton

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I'm keeping the turbo but will have one of these as a back up ( unless someone wants to but the turbo) it's so good to here good stuff about Poo even if it is short lived, thanks for the ride reports

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
I like ur signature lol. should have sold it to me 2 months ago cause now im getting a 2011 Pro RMK too.

R

rcditchpickle

Nov 26, 2007
MISSOULA MT
WOW what a ride. Thank you guys from Polaris once again for the great time.
I do not ride a Polaris but after about 10 minutes I felt at home with this new sled. It is one of the easiest most nimble out of the box sleds that I have been on. Just look at where you want to go and put it on loud if you need to and it will take you there. This sled is light and is very easy to throw around yet feels very strong and stable. The fit and trim is a lot nicer than the 2010 Dragon. Servicability on the sled is a definate bonus compared to the other brands out there. The new rear skid with the straight rail feels great and sucks up the bumps very well. The power seems to me to be the same as the 2010 Dragon. Is this going to be the 2011 sled of the year?? Who knows, all I can tell ya is that I had a smile on all day and I think Polaris is on the right track for getting some of the market share back.
There just might be a Arctic Cat or two in my shop for sale.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I had already decided to buy one, the fever is getting bad...keep up the ride evals. Seems to be a sled that won't need a lot of $ for mods after the purchase.

yeah right..few mods?..I bet its apart for at least 6 weeks when you bring it home Ron..vrs the what 8 weeks for the dragon?...lol:face-icon-small-hap

MTDAD

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
MONTANA
PRO800

I GOT TO RIDE THE PRO 800 YESTERDAY.I WAS VERY IMPRESSED TO SAY THE LEAST . POLARIS HAS "STEPPED OUTSIDE THE BOX " . THERE HAVE BEEN LOTS OF CHANGES OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT HAVE MOVED SNOWMOBILING FORWARD. BUT I BELIEVE THIS CHASSIS HAS NOW SET A STANDARD. AS YOU ALL NOW THE DRAGON HAS HAD ITS SHARE OF ISSUES,EVEN MY OWN, BUT I REALLY FEEL THAT THEY HAVE TRYED VERY HARD TO ADDRESS ALL OF THOSE ISSUES. I PERSONAL LIKE MY DRAGON BUT I DO NOT LIKE THE FRONT SUSPENSION AND THE FEEL OF THE FRONT END ON THE TRAIL OR IN THE SNOW. I HAVE SPENT LOTS OF TIME AND MONEY TRYING TO MAKE THIS BETTER. THE MAPPING ON MY 09 IS EMBARASING, ETC. WITH ALL THIS SAID THE PRO BLEW ME AWAY. THE MAPPING IS VERY CLOSE. IM NOT SAYING ITS PERFECT BUT WAY BETTER. THE FRONT END IS UNBELIEVABLE. IT STICKS TO SNOW AND TURNS WITH MAKEING YOU FEEL LIKE IS TRYING TO UNLOAD YOU. THE REAR SKID IS AS GOOD AS I HAVE EVER RIDEN. I WOULD LIKE TO LET POLARIS NOW THAT THIS WAS A GREAT EVENT AND I FEEL THE BEST GRASS ROOTS TYPE MARKETING EVENT I HAVE SEEN

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
I want one, I want one. lol. Heard there may be a couple color options from a dealer also. Shhhhh.:face-icon-small-ton

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
WOW what a ride. Thank you guys from Polaris once again for the great time.
I do not ride a Polaris but after about 10 minutes I felt at home with this new sled. It is one of the easiest most nimble out of the box sleds that I have been on. Just look at where you want to go and put it on loud if you need to and it will take you there. This sled is light and is very easy to throw around yet feels very strong and stable. The fit and trim is a lot nicer than the 2010 Dragon. Servicability on the sled is a definate bonus compared to the other brands out there. The new rear skid with the straight rail feels great and sucks up the bumps very well. The power seems to me to be the same as the 2010 Dragon. Is this going to be the 2011 sled of the year?? Who knows, all I can tell ya is that I had a smile on all day and I think Polaris is on the right track for getting some of the market share back.
There just might be a Arctic Cat or two in my shop for sale.

Yesterday, I heard at the morning ride there was a lifelong cat rider (who has an m1000) announce that he was selling his cat when he got back to the trailer. Was that you?

I GOT TO RIDE THE PRO 800 YESTERDAY.I WAS VERY IMPRESSED TO SAY THE LEAST . POLARIS HAS "STEPPED OUTSIDE THE BOX " . THERE HAVE BEEN LOTS OF CHANGES OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT HAVE MOVED SNOWMOBILING FORWARD. BUT I BELIEVE THIS CHASSIS HAS NOW SET A STANDARD. AS YOU ALL NOW THE DRAGON HAS HAD ITS SHARE OF ISSUES,EVEN MY OWN, BUT I REALLY FEEL THAT THEY HAVE TRYED VERY HARD TO ADDRESS ALL OF THOSE ISSUES. I PERSONAL LIKE MY DRAGON BUT I DO NOT LIKE THE FRONT SUSPENSION AND THE FEEL OF THE FRONT END ON THE TRAIL OR IN THE SNOW. I HAVE SPENT LOTS OF TIME AND MONEY TRYING TO MAKE THIS BETTER. THE MAPPING ON MY 09 IS EMBARASING, ETC. WITH ALL THIS SAID THE PRO BLEW ME AWAY. THE MAPPING IS VERY CLOSE. IM NOT SAYING ITS PERFECT BUT WAY BETTER. THE FRONT END IS UNBELIEVABLE. IT STICKS TO SNOW AND TURNS WITH MAKEING YOU FEEL LIKE IS TRYING TO UNLOAD YOU. THE REAR SKID IS AS GOOD AS I HAVE EVER RIDEN. I WOULD LIKE TO LET POLARIS NOW THAT THIS WAS A GREAT EVENT AND I FEEL THE BEST GRASS ROOTS TYPE MARKETING EVENT I HAVE SEEN

When did you ride? Today or yesterday?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
They aren't saying ANYTHING about that until it's all opened up to the public on March 8th.

T

tomtana

Mar 17, 2009
Best most responsive sled I have ever ridden!As soon as they are sure about a 163 Im bank!

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
Talked to my dealer today, said there is a 600 version, he wasn't sure on the 700 though.

Also said it does have an extra injector per cylider.

Last edited:
R

rcditchpickle

Nov 26, 2007
MISSOULA MT
HAHA. So I guess you liked it, eh?

Ya Scott I think that Polaris has done some homework on this. Dont get me wrong I do love the sled that Im on now and they all have their faults.
Like a wise man on the hill said Just about all mountain riders want the same thing. A mountain sled that is lightweight, high horse power and has a nimble easy to ride chasis. What the wise man did not say is to also have a dealer suport that is second to none. That is something that I have not had in my area for the brand that I ride. IF I can swing it I will take a chance and be on one next year. Just too much fun to pass up..

Premium Features