• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P3001 Code

D
Nov 26, 2007
Southeast ID
Ok, I took it to the dealer and it was a TSS. Throttle safety switch failure. If anyone else comes across this on a ride, I learned that you can unhook the TSS and ride it out. The connector is above the coolant bottle on the left hand side of the sled.

Last edited:

grandpaj

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Menan, Idaho
throttle safety switch

I know this is not what most people would say to do, but I got tired of it flaring up and throwing me over the handlebars etc. Tried adjusting the throttle play to cat specs etc. Did it on 2 of our 18 mountaincats and a 16 600.
So I just cut the black/white wire in the handlebar wire harness right at the connection to the main wiring harness. No the safety switch doesn't function any more, but we have tethers on so if ya fall off it kills it anyway. Yes the kill switch is still functional.
I did the ohm spec check on all of them, and they passed, but get out riding and grab some throttle going around a tree and sled dies and you pull yourself right over the hood. not fun. So I snipped it and all is good.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
The tss (throttle safety switch) is a pain and this is what i think the op is talking about. on the 19 and up you can just unplug it. and I do!

Premium Features