• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 800 turbo

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
You'll have to wait. They're going to have to start all over. Should be epic though.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Building the turbo hardware(turbo, tank, mounts, tubes, exhaust, airbox) is actually the easy part of the equation.

Tuning and interfacing with the stock electroics is the hard part.... really hard in some situations.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Some wishful thinking. It's going to be a bit before someone has a turbo ready for one.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Shane was seeing it for the first time yesterday when we were up there at the demo.

S

super6

Feb 5, 2008
you can bet Booddockers will have one ready to rip...as Burandt and others will be all set up with these smokin' sleds. Word is the engine is mostly new...as in almost all new parts (97% new was number thrown down). Just get it to run and not burn down and be "right there" with Cat/Ski-doo on torque...that is all I care about!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
you can bet Booddockers will have one ready to rip...as Burandt and others will be all set up with these smokin' sleds. Word is the engine is mostly new...as in almost all new parts (97% new was number thrown down). Just get it to run and not burn down and be "right there" with Cat/Ski-doo on torque...that is all I care about!

I was told by service mgr on the 2011 demo ride...

Q: "How much of it is new?"

A: "I can't say at this time. All I can say is that what is different isn't 'parts' ".

What he he meant is that you can't buy the parts that make the new changes. Does that mean that is in electronics, casting, and porting...etc?

S

super6

Feb 5, 2008
I did not hear my comment from a Polaris service manager. I heard it from a guy who was in on some of the R and D (including riding/testing) in Nov./Dec. of 09. I asked him about the '10 800 issues and if there were going to be similar ones with the fuel mapping (i.e. EPA burndown issues that Polaris can't seem to figure out). When I asked this guy (believe me you have heard of him, and most respect his opinion, certainly Polaris does) that question, he just said it was an "all new engine"...I started listing parts...rings?, pisions?, crank...etc. All he said was "about 97% new". I was hanging on his every word...hoping to glean some sort of factual and reliable information that Polaris has enough brains not to duplicate 05-06's engine issues...guess we will see this year.

I agree, it will be interesting to see what "Big P" came up with for '11 as they have spent literally a fortune ($40M) fixing the mess of 09-10.

He was so impressed that he will be riding a Polaris as his personal sled for next year...that says something to me as he has been on M's for years and years.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Just to clarify...this wasn't a dealer service manager.

This was guy came with the factory on the 2011 demo rides and he works for Pol...not a dealer.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
I did not hear my comment from a Polaris service manager. I heard it from a guy who was in on some of the R and D (including riding/testing) in Nov./Dec. of 09. I asked him about the '10 800 issues and if there were going to be similar ones with the fuel mapping (i.e. EPA burndown issues that Polaris can't seem to figure out). When I asked this guy (believe me you have heard of him, and most respect his opinion, certainly Polaris does) that question, he just said it was an "all new engine"...I started listing parts...rings?, pisions?, crank...etc. All he said was "about 97% new". I was hanging on his every word...hoping to glean some sort of factual and reliable information that Polaris has enough brains not to duplicate 05-06's engine issues...guess we will see this year.

I agree, it will be interesting to see what "Big P" came up with for '11 as they have spent literally a fortune ($40M) fixing the mess of 09-10.

He was so impressed that he will be riding a Polaris as his personal sled for next year...that says something to me as he has been on M's for years and years.

Its hard to believe that a Polaris employee, in R&D, would own a M series for his personal sled.

J
Mar 3, 2010
I was thinking I would get a turbo on it too! I assume it will void the 4 year warranty so I guess I'll opt for the 2 year warranty option with the cash for accessories.

Premium Features