• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helmet Camera

K

koschak

Jan 16, 2008
Northern Minnesota
I was wondering if anyone knows of any great quality helmet camera's. I would like to have one for snowmobiling and motocross. So obviously it would need to be able to withstand some precipitation and cold temps. Thanks, Josh

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I do lots of recording with the Motocam. Ive found it to be extreemly reliable and take a beating as well as being easy to use. It doesnt have quite as good of a picture as a camcorder based system, but the entire package is top notch.
also available at wwwcyclopsmotorsports.com with all the upgrades.Well worth the extra 50 bucks

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
if you want DVD quality video from a digital helmetcam system, the only choice is the VIO POV 1. there are lots of digi h-cams out there, when you playback on full screen the picture is crappy. I currently have the VIO Adventure cam3, which utilizes the Sony or JVC digital 8mm tape camcorder. the picture quality is awesome, and doesn't degrade when tranferring to DVD.

I will be buying the POV1 this season. not cheap, but you get what you pay for IMO.....

Premium Features