• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another nytro frankensled

R
Mar 9, 2017
TCE5PMV.jpg
Thought I'd share work in progress. Started as a mcx240 with forward post and vents. Now it's a 270mcx converted to front mount garrett2560 with heat shield blanket. ulmer header. Tunnel dump. Flat tunnel to pro rmk dimensions raised the back of tunnel 4 inches to create more castor in spindles making geometry more like the rmk. Pro running boards and pro bumper. Arctic cat 153 skid with ice age rails bdx anti stab and inner wheel kit. Gen4 skidoo 850 fuel tank seat and tank supports. Custom aluminum cap for fuel tank with 3 cat puck style pickups one front middle and two back corners. Rev tunnel cooler under tank with heat mat between. 200cfm exhaust fan to reduce underhoodtemps. Custom side vents to tie in tank. Gripper skis, cr racing a arms. Rad delete. Probably something I'm missing but thought it might be appreciated here to the yamaha diehards. hope picture works will try upload some build pics if theres interest

Last edited:

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
looking good. Really like the doo tank. That should help a bunch to distribute the weight along the length of the sled. Keep the pics coming (could be smaller!)

R
Mar 9, 2017
Thank you. Yes I've never seen an 850 tank on one yet only a rev tank. Love how it looks and balances better too. Only a few rips on it so far had to fine tune some stuff and still gotta make sure a/f is alright throughout. But I'll try get a video or something up. Fan was ok so far but no heavy pow yet well see. ? handles allot nicer and spool up time is way better.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
If Yamaha would have put some more time, money and ideas from Snowesters into the Nytro, that sled had the potential to be a pretty fine mountain sled.

Premium Features