• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lander riding/access

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Looking at a job in the area (Riverton) and never hear much about Lander or the north/east side of the wind river.

Decent stuff close to town or does a feller have to drive to get away from the wilderness areas?

Thanks!

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
I am not sure about Lander area, but I do know that you are a little over an hour from Dubois and about an hour and 45 minutes from Togwotee Mountain Lodge, not a bad place to be.
Good luck with the job.

Ryan

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
What kind of a job are you looking at in the area? Good area to live. Riding areas are somewhat close. Will need to drive an hour or so to get to the Good riding areas.

Water management stuff. In Riverton but would probably live in Lander. I know togwotee is up the road and pinedale kind of around the corner but was curious about some of the closer elevation you can access from that side.

That's exactly the info I was looking for. Topographically looks good but wasn't sure how much snow that south end of the wind river range gets. Was just looking at some random dirt roads up into the hills and it looked like some potential.

Thanks!

Premium Features