• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010/11 Snow conditions Snowy Range

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
If you have been up in this area and have information if its good or bad be sure and post. The more posts will reflect more accurate information. Good news is it looks like it is starting out great!

*Please keep updates in these threads since they will be a sticky..and we wont have a bunch of scattered updates*

Hail Yea

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2010
Snowies Snowmobile clubs?

I have been riding in the Dubois area since 1997 but took 5 trips to the Snowies last year and loved it. I would like to join a snowmobile club in that area to support the Snow Machine Revolution. Any suggestions?

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Here is what the Range looked like yesterday..
We were in about 2 foot and change.
obviously you need to be careful.
The road is closed but the road is plowed so you have to stay on the side and in the ditches. We did find a few good meadows that we got to play in and try out the new Pro. We even found a big hill that we pounded on with no problems!
We came in from the Saratoga side.
I see another storm coming next week.

IMG_0544.jpg

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Here is what the Range looked like yesterday..
We were in about 2 foot and change.
obviously you need to be careful.
The road is closed but the road is plowed so you have to stay on the side and in the ditches. We did find a few good meadows that we got to play in and try out the new Pro. We even found a big hill that we pounded on with no problems!
We came in from the Saratoga side.
I see another storm coming next week.

View attachment 116940

Nice Dave, we have to get together sometime this year! Picking up the Redheads Pro next week---she said I could ride it if she wasn't along:D

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
We did a quick trip up to the cabin to help out a friend that got a trailer stuck trying to get firewood. It was snowing up there yesterday morning while we were up there, but lifting as we left. There was ~15 inches on our deck that we shoveled off, so I am guessing that we have gotten at least 18-20 inches and it settled down to the 15. On the ground though there was about a foot or so in the trees - less where the sun is hitting and wind is blowing. I'm sure the west side and the back of the peaks have more snow than we do. Rob Roy is starting to freeze over near Elk creek (T trail intersection) but I'm sure it will be a while longer before the entire lake freezes.

IMG_20101031_083602.jpg

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Rode 10/30/10 with dcturbo and his boy. Found some good stuff to play in and had a blast. No damage to any of our sleds but you definetly had to be cautious. Seemed to be 20-24 in most places on westside ENE from Chains End. Warm last couple days and 40+ when we left but snotel showed 4-6 Sunday night at both North French and Sand Lake!

Snowies3.jpg

M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
Just a tid bit of airbrushing left and a new stoich sensor and i'll be ready to rip it up! Brothers with boost...doesn't get any better:face-icon-small-win

Yes sir, Your sled is loooking pretty sweet! I am Painfully waiting for my new MPI bypass valve. I can't wait to hear it. I got a package from 509 today. Think they sent me new strapes.. That's nice of them!

supra_power2

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2008
no-dak
if it gets in the 30"s im there ! im going insane i have to ride sometime in the next 3 weeks or im going to lose my mind

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Great report especially the pics thanks guys. Been duck hunting and deer hunting so its starting to feel like the season is upon us. Another month of this and I will really be getting the itch. Anyone from the Omaha, Lincoln, or surrounding area that wants to get together for a meet and greet let me know, it would be great to have a list of names and numbers to reach out to share travel expences or just to fill a group to ride with. Anyway if anyone wants to we could start another thread and move this forward.

Last edited:
Premium Features