• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jackson hole riding areas

sarpy

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
SE Montana
How many different parking lots are there to ride out of the jackson hole area and where would be the best lodging? I'm aware of togwotee, but wondering if there are any other popular spots in the area. Is there enough riding at togwotee to last a week?

thanks for any and all help.

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
Lots of terrain at TogWOTee, if it's snowing while you are there you could spend a week there. I'm told there is good riding out of Alpine Wyoming as well (about 45 minutes south of Jackson), but I've never sledded there.

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Tog is cheapest at top of Pass. Brooks lake way better snow but insane more cash. As slidders not much time spent at cabin or lodge so it comes down to how much I personally like to spend. Never stayed at Brooks but eat and drink at their lodge often when in area. Stayed at Tog many times over past couple decades, but its getting pricy and tonsa traffic. Can gamble on snow conditions and stay lower out side Dubois, WY. Line Shack and Crooked Creek. Just stayed a week over New Years at Crooked. Had single cabin to myself, cost like $800 and change. If you stay 2 to cabin still same price. Stayed at Tog last year think 5 days and cabin with 2 adults was like $1800.00 prices were just cabin cost. Tog has bigger better main lodge. Both have full bar. Never stayed at Line Shack but love their bar and food as like Brooks we often ride there as destination from Tog. Gotta have a trail ride day to see the entire area. Crooked and Line Shack are literally 1/2 mile apart across field. Stayed at Triangle "C" before, but under new ownership and they think they are on same caliber as Brook Lake. They are not....not even close. Sickly overpriced now for what they are....This is getting long. If you are just in for Powder, Party and plan to enjoy the after ride cool down of main lodge....Tog is it. If your thinking wallet and chasing powder doesn't bother you Crooked or check Line shack rates. Beware. Show should be good/decent this time of year there, and you if needed you can town 30/45 min to Tog road conditons depending. Lotsa parking pull outs up top. Would not gamble with if Early or Late season...unless you plan to tow to upper lots.
Alpine is great riding...Not marked, wouldn't recommend if not blue sky conditions unless you have someone that knows the area or stay near trails. Lincoln County Customs right near trail head does hire out guides.

Last edited:
Premium Features