• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stretched track ?

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Anyone ever had the track stretch out so its tightened to the max but still ratches on hard pulls? The avid drivers looks fine and im playing with the thoughts i need bigger rear wheels to stretch it more.

Its a apex turbo 144"

M

mactheknife

Jan 22, 2010
Grande Prairie
Cracked/broken/bent rails? I experienced the same thing on my M1100. Turns out it was the rails. They were cracked and flexing under load causing the track to ratchet.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Check your chain tension. If it is really loose it could be jumping a tooth on the gears. Spun drivers could be it too, although avids have a very good reputation on turbo sleds.

Either way, if you have anti ratchet drivers you don't have to have the track really tight. My has about an inch of sag in the middle when I pick it up off the ground and never slips.

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Its my old sled a friend bought that aint really all that to checking it, so i took a look today and found out the antistab bar had lost a bolt which means the rails could move where they want and the limiterstrap had no function.

Gonna fix it and have a test, the avid drivers dont even have a mark on them and chained thigtened up.

Premium Features