For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com



Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis
Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2019, 09:42 PM
Rush600guy Rush600guy is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Nome, AK
Basic Member
Age: 30
Posts: 44
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Rush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation DET again

Ok so I got basically a multirace winning shell/B.motor for free and completely built it up with all new and aftermarket:

Billet head (sea level)[new](87 octane here in Nome, AK, we add octane boost, maybe I need to mix some AVGAS 100oct? Head I think is very high compression [I'll re-test psi] and this is the first time I burped the throttle to 6g rpm = DET. Could be fuel pre detonation? I'll do some more testing and get back, maybe switch it to premium plug for the oct.boost)
Aftermarket bigger gauge stator (more accessory wattage, better spark, no electric lag)
Pro x pistons because SPI is trash, no offense. They suck. Wisecos are expensive, but I'm porting some old SPI f'd cylinders and after the renikasil will wisecos it.
Good crank
2013 CFI2 rebuild from 2010 CFI4, everything good/NoDET
AAEN fat pipe & muffler (need Y)[noDETissues]
Fuel commander (set for SLP pipe map)[new](not plugged in)
Dynojet autotune w/ wideband Bosch[newest](not plugged in)
I love my br9ecs, especially because the billet head is shaped differently and bpr9es are projected into the cylinder... br9ecs provide a better burn and are rather flush with the top of the head and pregapped to .18", br9ecs-5 is .24" I think. (NoDET).
Fuel pump is actually overcharged I think, or my $100 fuel pressure tester is wrong, @64psi.
For the last couple months of winter and all that new power my Track exploded, literally broke the steel-riveted-on track tensioner and blew my cogs I think. I have all new bearings on the way while I get a new cog.
Either way though, did I miss any ideas about my DET? Anything helps.
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #2  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:10 PM
TRS's Avatar
TRS TRS is online now
Currently: 2019-2020 winter on the way
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cody, WY
Age: 62
Posts: 2,847
Thanks: 946
Thanked 2,637 Times in 956 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
TRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Maybe I’m getting old. I have no idea what your asking. Maybe someone else does.
Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRS For This Useful Post:
Scott (05-18-2019), sledhed (05-19-2019)
  #3  
Old 05-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Scott's Avatar
Scott Scott is offline
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: W Mont
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Age: 46
Posts: 68,893
Thanks: 17,033
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,768 Posts
Rep Power: 21474925
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default

It doesn't have to be a compression or octane issue to trip DET sensor.
Make sure your motor mounts are new.
Make sure NOTHING is rubbing on the bulkhead under the pipe.

BTW, check the knock sensor.
And make sure the wire isn't kinked.
__________________
OEM parts from Free Agent
Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Ambassador for:
FB & IG: Scott Stiegler


Check out these cool products:
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Rush600guy (05-21-2019)
  #4  
Old 05-23-2019, 06:38 PM
diamonddave's Avatar
diamonddave diamonddave is offline
Currently: <<In-House PolarisTechnician not as involved in the shop
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Thieve Capital AKA Federal Way, WA.
Posts: 4,845
Thanks: 1,226
Thanked 1,567 Times in 907 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
diamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
2013 CFI2 rebuild from 2010 CFI4, everything good/NoDET
Not sure what's going on here. This entire post scares me. I agree with TRS but I think you're asking what might be causing DET?

Quote:
Aftermarket bigger gauge stator (more accessory wattage, better spark, no electric lag)
Why? Never heard of this. Spark doesn't come from the stator. Coil output doesn't change with a stator.

Quote:
Billet head (sea level)[new](87 octane here in Nome, AK, we add octane boost, maybe I need to mix some AVGAS 100oct? Head I think is very high compression [I'll re-test psi] and this is the first time I burped the throttle to 6g rpm = DET. Could be fuel pre detonation? I'll do some more testing and get back, maybe switch it to premium plug for the oct.boost)
Fail. You cannot run more than stock compression at sea level.

Also, what premium plug are you talking about? There is none. There is an ethanol plug.

Also, if you aren't loading the motor hard enough with your current clutching and gearing, then you could be tripping the det code from an over rev or too quick of a rev.

And why on earth are you using a plug made for a BRP???

Scott has some good points in his post.
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #5  
Old 06-13-2019, 06:21 AM
Tunneltwister Tunneltwister is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods Mi....
Basic Member
Age: 45
Posts: 17
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Tunneltwister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

The first thing you have to consider is what causes detonation.
1. Not enough octane for your compression,simply saying high compression head doesnt tell you what you need. You need to know your compression..
2. timing, to much timing reguardless of compression will cause detonation then mix that in with a high compression head and you sir could have a time bomb.
3. A lean condition will cause detonation, The fuel filter on these units suck to put it lightly. they MUST be changed yearly to flow properly...

Thats it in a nut shell, the issue is that youve messed with everything can cause DET. However wile I was typing out #3 I remembered you saying that your fuel pressure was 64lbs which is a bit high, so if your filter is plugged it will cause a high fuel preassure reading and a drop in fuel flow which stated earlier will cause your DET code. I would start with a filter cause you need one anyway then go from there....
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #6  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:08 PM
Rush600guy Rush600guy is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Nome, AK
Basic Member
Age: 30
Posts: 44
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Rush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond reputeRush600guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunneltwister View Post
The first thing you have to consider is what causes detonation.
1. Not enough octane for your compression,simply saying high compression head doesnt tell you what you need. You need to know your compression..
2. timing, to much timing reguardless of compression will cause detonation then mix that in with a high compression head and you sir could have a time bomb.
3. A lean condition will cause detonation, The fuel filter on these units suck to put it lightly. they MUST be changed yearly to flow properly...

Thats it in a nut shell, the issue is that youve messed with everything can cause DET. However wile I was typing out #3 I remembered you saying that your fuel pressure was 64lbs which is a bit high, so if your filter is plugged it will cause a high fuel preassure reading and a drop in fuel flow which stated earlier will cause your DET code. I would start with a filter cause you need one anyway then go from there....
Thank you!
Apologies I didn't type it better, was nervous about the issue and pressed on time while at work. This is exactly what I wanted to hear though. My mind has been wrapped around most those points because I know everything else is new. Literally a used/all-new precisely torqued race motor, if I can finish tuning it. By myself/you guys. I have new fuel socks in the P.O. new gasket too. I still have my old pump but I'm not using it cuz it's a long story. I'll get a new fuel filterline too. What kind of timing advance should I have? I'll check my compressing right now...
Holy F@#%!!! 160psi mag... 160 pto
120 is stock.
I knew I should have checked it sooner, but yeah I need some AVGAS to mix up our trash 87 oct. Airport. Living in Nome, AK its all we get, crap 87.
Anyways thanks a lot man!

Last edited by Rush600guy; 06-14-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #7  
Old 06-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Tunneltwister Tunneltwister is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods Mi....
Basic Member
Age: 45
Posts: 17
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Tunneltwister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush600guy View Post
Thank you!
Apologies I didn't type it better, was nervous about the issue and pressed on time while at work. This is exactly what I wanted to hear though. My mind has been wrapped around most those points because I know everything else is new. Literally a used/all-new precisely torqued race motor, if I can finish tuning it. By myself/you guys. I have new fuel socks in the P.O. new gasket too. I still have my old pump but I'm not using it cuz it's a long story. I'll get a new fuel filterline too. What kind of timing advance should I have? I'll check my compressing right now...
Holy F@#%!!! 160psi mag... 160 pto
120 is stock.
I knew I should have checked it sooner, but yeah I need some AVGAS to mix up our trash 87 oct. Airport. Living in Nome, AK its all we get, crap 87.
Anyways thanks a lot man!
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CONFUSE CRANKING COMPRESSION WITH YOUR COMPRESSION RATIO!!!!!!
The only way to tell what your compression ratio is to know how many cc your domes are. They are two different numbers, but with 160 good luck starting that thing on a 5* day...lol.....Anyway if you google " how to calculate compression it will how to do it. Once you get your number you can then determine your octane requirments, or if you should change your domes or if your stock head was milled maybe get a OEM head to return to stock...
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #8  
Old 06-22-2019, 03:27 PM
Scott's Avatar
Scott Scott is offline
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: W Mont
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Age: 46
Posts: 68,893
Thanks: 17,033
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,768 Posts
Rep Power: 21474925
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunneltwister View Post
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CONFUSE CRANKING COMPRESSION WITH YOUR COMPRESSION RATIO!!!!!!
The only way to tell what your compression ratio is to know how many cc your domes are. They are two different numbers, but with 160 good luck starting that thing on a 5* day...lol.....Anyway if you google " how to calculate compression it will how to do it. Once you get your number you can then determine your octane requirments, or if you should change your domes or if your stock head was milled maybe get a OEM head to return to stock...
Yes, don't confuse running compression with cranking compression.
__________________
OEM parts from Free Agent
Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Ambassador for:
FB & IG: Scott Stiegler


Check out these cool products:
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
600, billet, det, pro r, rush

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thread — Det Thread Starter — damx Forum — Polaris: AXYS Replies — 9 Last Post — 01-09-2017 04:22 PM
Thread — ??? on DET Thread Starter — beamslayer Forum — Polaris: Pro-Ride Replies — 9 Last Post — 12-24-2012 04:10 PM
Thread — DET Thread Starter — assault66 Forum — Polaris: Pro-Ride Replies — 18 Last Post — 01-27-2012 10:56 PM
Thread — det Thread Starter — turbo RMK Forum — Polaris: 900 Replies — 3 Last Post — 01-25-2011 11:43 PM
Thread — 2003 Head Det Sensor vs. non-det sensor differences? Thread Starter — snowx22 Forum — Polaris Replies — 1 Last Post — 01-18-2009 12:29 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:57 AM.








no new posts