• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Liquid poured out of Exhaust can

R
Dec 2, 2013
Just bought an 05 Rev 800 HO and it was blowing liquid out of the exhaust. Took the can off and literally poured a milky looking (Oil/gas???) mixture out of the can. There was some residual in the pipe and the looked like some in the Y pipe as well. Sled has not been run since last year and I am not sure how the last owner summerized it. Could this be a fog he put in last fall? I have only run the sled at idle or just enough to turn the track a few times so I guess it could be unburnt fuel loaded up but the can was 1/2 full with the stuff. Any ideas???

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
When you looked in the Y-pipe was it coming out of both cylinders or just one? You may have to start it again for a few and then re-check the Y-pipe. Is it low on coolant? It could have a bad base gasket or a bad O-ring between the Head and Jugs.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Low on Coolant?

Check the coolant, sounds like a leak. A milky emulsion is coolant and oil mixed.

R
Dec 2, 2013
It is low on coolant but not bad. The liquid seemed like it was coming out of the clutch side cylinder when I looked in the Y pipe. Any way to test it there is a leak in either gasket?

Premium Features