• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to M1000 replaced Case, reassembled NO Spark

S
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan
Hello and thanks for any help,
purchased 08 M1000 with broken Case I replaced it..... I reassembled everything but now no Spark.
There is a Ground wire from Recoil attached to Frame
There are 2 connections not used off the ECU is this correct?
1 white 6 wire plug
1 black 2 wire plug

1 When I pull over (everything ON) and when with key off and kill off
the Red light (glow) shows up in the Tach???
2 Fuel pump is creating pressure
3 checked all 4 plugs no spark?

Attachments

• 08 M1000.jpg
    08 M1000.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 29

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
down by the stator you have 2 other plugs they are the crank triggers did you plug them back in?
also when you pulled the fly wheel i have seen guys run the 3 bolts from the puller all the way in, when you do this they hit the windings of the stator and kill it. 5 turns per is all you need.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
down by the stator you have 2 other plugs they are the crank triggers did you plug them back in?
also when you pulled the fly wheel i have seen guys run the 3 bolts from the puller all the way in, when you do this they hit the windings of the stator and kill it. 5 turns per is all you need.

But then he wouldn't be getting power to the gauge either. Try disconnect your kill switch

S
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan
So I forgot to bolt the 2nd Crank Trigger back in.......
It has 4 plug wires.... DUH>>>
This sled has 80 gram weight's and it is very responsive.....
I also have a 07 1000 crossfire so I already fixed the Major Alignment problem they both have...
This Sled is Going to be fun...
My first trip with it I am going to Rabbit Ear for the End of Year party .... kinda risky for my shakedown run but I'm not scared....:present:

Thanks for Listening
Craig

Premium Features