• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM RER/Headlight Module Conversion

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
I broke the entire housing of the RER/headlight module on my 2015 T3, which is about $200 to replace, so I am wondering if I can just replace it with the GEN 4 RER button, which is only $60? I could care less about the headlight dimmer being there so I'd just wire into the bright mode.

BeachSled

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2012
The G4 switch will not work (I have been down this road already)

The G4 switch is 2 wire and the XM switch is 3 wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
You can look at my posts on these two threads. This is how I went about changing the left hand control.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1201745-ski-doo-xm-handlebar-spaces/

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1452314-reverse-switch-wiring/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will the RSI rocker switch work for the headlight relocate or can you send me an Amazon link for both switches I would need for relocating to the console. Why Ski Doo waited so long to do this on MTN sleds is beyond me.

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
My solution was to re-use the RER switch since it was still good. I removed the black trim pieces and cut-out (accidentally upside down) the RER switch with a utility knife, and used drill for the new headlight switch (it's actually an RSI grip heater switch but it allows you to turn the headlight completely off). There are already perfectly placed cut-outs in the plastics underneath, so apparently Ski Doo had pre-planned for people breaking off a $200 switch pod? The process was simple and just had to use a few butt splices for the rerouting.
IBzsJ4h1SD619C4ii6CYOw.jpg

1BBa+S3VR0Ow5xYJNzCjyA.jpg

Premium Features