• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ultimate clutch set up

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
for 9-12500' elev. 09 stock 800 154

who has the best aftermarket set up

how does the setup from" winterbrew" compare?

I run Toms heavy arms .433s 160/320 and Team Tied 66/60 and its spot on at 7 to 11,ooo.In fact this does not ever require any clicker change from #3

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
XP CLUTCH SET UP.

I WENT WITH ONE FROM ROOSTER BUILT/WINTER BREW.GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE,SET UP WORKS GOOD.GEARED DOWN ONE TOOTH.KEEP CLICKERS ON 3 ALL SEASON..BELTS LASTED ABOUT 900 MILES..I WAS PLEASED..

Y

yamahaboy701

Oct 15, 2008
I was shopping around for clutch kits early this summer for my 154 and talked to a few companies and people and I am going with Winter Brew / Roosterbuilt. He just said this is what you need and why and how much it will cost, all the other 10+ places were like "I think I got something that will work".

T
Jun 17, 2008
we found that the stock set up with the primary spring changed to 160/350 worked very well , makeing sure that the motor was in align and stayed there was extremely important . no other change needed.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Brews rep stand s for itself,

long belt life, someone to answer the phone and rave reviews from all who use them ( of course he learned it all from OT..! )LMAO !!!:face-icon-small-hap

Though I am a strong believer in using variable center of mass levers in the tra ..

Wouldn't it be cool to have a lever with internal mass that shifts to the tip as the lever swung out ???,, then under spring force pushed back to pivot when rpms drop..

We COULD make them,, BUT WINGNUT RANDY has a patent to block it..He won't make them and won't relinquish the patent.

Gus

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Gus, after experimenting MANY years ago with adding mass to different areas of arms, trying the old "heelclicker" movable flyweight conversion....and many other things....I came to the conclusion that there is more than one way to get virtually identical results by just playing with ramp profile, spring tensions, helix angles etc....all the belt sees is the amount of squeeze and in the primary that is all applied through the arm pivot bolts to the movable sheave, and the belt doesn't care how that pressure gets there. Nothing wrong with adjustable arms....adjustability is always a good thing, the goal is still a balance between primary and secondary squeeze. . Matching primary and secondary setups is HUGE in a good clutching setup...once you find that sweet spot thing just "work". :face-icon-small-win

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Brews rep stand s for itself,

long belt life, someone to answer the phone and rave reviews from all who use them ( of course he learned it all from OT..! )LMAO !!!:face-icon-small-hap

Though I am a strong believer in using variable center of mass levers in the tra ..

Wouldn't it be cool to have a lever with internal mass that shifts to the tip as the lever swung out ???,, then under spring force pushed back to pivot when rpms drop..

We COULD make them,, BUT WINGNUT RANDY has a patent to block it..He won't make them and won't relinquish the patent.

Gus
holly chit ,i was talking to a buddy that worked for race department for BRP and he told me to get a set of them[sounds like the same arms],thats what he had ran and they worked sweat,but that was a few years back,he thought they were made by thundershift but didn't know forsure.how about tom's arms anyone?

Maximum1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I use my 09 163x as an all around sled. It outclimbs my bros dragon in the mountains [Valemont], is quicker in a drag race and has more top end on the lake[91-92 MPH].Is Roosters or DJ's kit going to slow me down anywhere. I remember what Big John said once ''Some kits works good in the hills but no top end on the way in /out is lame.''

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I use my 09 163x as an all around sled. It outclimbs my bros dragon in the mountains [Valemont], is quicker in a drag race and has more top end on the lake[91-92 MPH].Is Roosters or DJ's kit going to slow me down anywhere. I remember what Big John said once ''Some kits works good in the hills but no top end on the way in /out is lame.''

My kit for your 09 will have all around performance increase. If you are getting 90mph w/stock setup, you'll still get that with my kit.
Where you'll notice largest difference is in the deep snow. If you were previously getting say 36mph track speed, you should get 39mph with the kit.
Full throttle climbing, speed range of 30~45 mph; I claim a 3~4 mph track speed increase over stock clutching on 08~10 models.

160/350 @ 3900 engage
14g~20g pin set
QR11 helix

yamahaboy701 wrote) all the other 10+ places were like "I think I got something that will work".
Joe writes) There are 10+ clutch kit builders out there for summit xp's? Who are they? You didn't call me because I wouldn't have said that. :becky:

377407281.jpg

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I was shopping around for clutch kits early this summer for my 154 and talked to a few companies and people and I am going with Winter Brew / Roosterbuilt. He just said this is what you need and why and how much it will cost, all the other 10+ places were like "I think I got something that will work".

I'm guessing he didnt call me, I wouldnt say that either...a mountain sled that runs WI. and WY. would respond well to my Shockwave adj. helix clutch kit...big diff. in HP from 1000' to 9000'....BJ

Premium Features