• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thundercat to 1M drop and roll measurements

S
Jan 18, 2010
NY
Hi all,well i got myself quite a project going on at the wrong time of the year. I purchased a bunch of 2003 mountain cat pieces to drop and roll my 2001 thundercat chaincase.I'm told the chassis bulkhead is close enough to being the same that it is do able. Can anyone give me some measurements to align proper?, I don't wanna swiss cheese the sled if I can help it.

S
Jan 18, 2010
NY
I should add this is for a New England hillcross build,we don't have any real mountains out here,I only get to watch you guys's youtube vid's.

Not to sure yet if I'm going 136,or 141,probly 1.5 with 2.0 studs,reason for the drop,and I'm going 10t for less roll resistance. Someone needs to put Doo Boy Daly in his place,lol.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Do you have a good 1m tunnel and bulkhead? If so I would use them and then all you would need is the driven clutch side motor mount and jackshaft bearing mount from a 1m 600 and your T Cat engine will bolt right in. I have put an older tunnel on a 1m bulkhead and it works well enough but you have to drill almost all the rivet holes to do it and also the holes for the driveshaft bearings on both sides.

S
Jan 18, 2010
NY
Not many 1m's in these parts,I can't even google up any bulk head pic's.I've got the 1m 600 jackshaft support and tunnel plate already,And Am cutting and fitting that this week.Looks like I will have to shorten up the tunnel coolers also,may have to notch rh footwell too.I'm old and slow and measure a lot but try not to hack up things.Using factory parts it should look like it came that way from cat when done.

S
Jan 18, 2010
NY
finished this project last march,a bit off trial and error but it's finished with a clean look,I laid it out on the stock tunnel,then added aluminum plate to the insides and just drilled through to the new holes,worked slick,bought a air riveter to help with all the riveting.1m chain case rock plate fits well to the t/cat bellypan,they are hard to find cat discontinued them.

Premium Features