• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha roll over valve parts?

B
Feb 28, 2011
I've got a 2010 nytro and the Yamaha roll over valve tether sticks on when it gets cold. Not sure if it ices up or what, but the plastic plunger doesn't want to go all the way down when the tether is pulled. I can tap it and it will shut off but that doesn't help if I'm not on the machine.
Does anyone know if the tether switch part is replaceable? Is there a better tether switch out there? I'd prefer not to have to replace the whole kit just the switch.

Thanks.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I answered Boneless's question via e-mail and thought that I would post some info here for others as also.

The Yamaha/MPI ROV kit that was sold in the Yamaha accessories catalog uses a normally open tether switch. It can be replaced with any normally open tether switch of your choice.
To replace it, just cut the two wires going to the old switch and splice in the new switch.

The relays are also replaceable and you can use a standard sealed 5 terminal Bosch relay found at most larger auto parts stores. I prefer to use one in the 15 to 25 amp range as they are more resistant to relay contact oxidation at lower amperage loads.

If you need a shut off valve, I have replacements in stock as well.

HTH
Bill

Premium Features