• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ContourGPS Prices??

D
Dec 7, 2007
Also, you will need to create some kind of a WIND SOCK for the mic. Once your sled gets going the wind noise from the mic's front location is horrible. Some people are using infant socks to slip over the front with the toe cut out for the lens to stick out through.

Have you experimented with panty-hose instead of a sock? Seams like a sock would leave you with a "muffled" sound?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Did you buy their batteries or an aftermarket?

Stock is 1050maH and found an aftermarket of 2350mAH ... last at least twiwe as long.

Found on ebay with no part number ... trying to find part number so casn shop around and get for less.

You will NEVER EVER get 2 hours out of a battery on that thing.
45 minutes MAX.!

And that is with turning the whole camera OFF between shots.
The GPS unit is a constant power drain, so even when the recorder is OFF, the GPS is pulling down your battery.

Plan on at least 2-3 batteries for a day, 4 is probably a better guess.

I have been all over their community boards.
no one has found a good alternative to their battery that makes any noticable difference in longevity.

Its a volumetric issue. There just isn't room for a bigger/denser battery. So I just carry a pocket full of batteries and swap them out as the day rolls by.

Also, you will need to create some kind of a WIND SOCK for the mic. Once your sled gets going the wind noise from the mic's front location is horrible. Some people are using infant socks to slip over the front with the toe cut out for the lens to stick out through.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Can anyone confirm battery is

GB/T18287 - 2000 Li-ion

Comes in 1050

and 2350 maH

?

Feb 19, 2011
Another positive experience with here with Zachcreek. He is the way to go! best price and awesome service. I couldnt be happier, helluva guy to work with, he even met me on my way through town after business hours to get me a cam...doesnt get much better than that! Thanks Again!

Premium Features