• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summer mods

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I just reserved a 777 kit from SLP and planning on having them rebuild my engine in July. Now to save some extra money for it all. I will also be installing the Mtn Tamer I have sitting in the garage, just need to order the shocks.

Already looking forward to next season.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
SLP

Rich
SLP is an awesome company to work with. It makes it even easier to work with them when they are right there in your hometown. Those guys know their stuff and will take care of you. I have been using SLP products for years, since I first started riding and they have always taken good care of em, from setup to teh one warranty issue I've had. That wasnt even their fault and they still took care of it.

You won't be disappointed with SLP.

Charlie

PS looking forward to meeting you and going riding.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I have the motor apart right now, installing Wiseco pistons. OEM (updated) pistons and cylinders look great. Also planning on working on the plastic alignment and updating the shocks.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I have the motor apart right now, installing Wiseco pistons. OEM (updated) pistons and cylinders look great. Also planning on working on the plastic alignment and updating the shocks.

What shocks do you have? Are you getting new ones or just re-valving yours?

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dropping a very clean '03 900 Cat carb'd twin in the '09 Assault. Just waiting on the engine plate blank from Fastrax. May do a Skinz hood and something front or rear from timbersled depending on money and the sale of a couple other toy.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Front & rear skinz bumpers on the way along with an assortment of black painted "Ultimate" rivets from ADP Rivets and drive/jack shaft bearing kits. All I need now is shocks for the Mtn. Tamer and getting the engine to SLP. Of course there's the total teardown/build up and the powder coating of various parts/pieces. This should be fun and educational as I have never completely disassembled a sled before.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Did you take pics and measurements by chance? Your's is an 09, correct?

Black AirFrames ordered and picked up the SLP 777 exhaust system last Monday.

Those Airframes are bad ***. Did you consider the 840 kit from Carls?

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Dave, I do have some pics and measurements of the Wiseco pistons. I plan on taking full measurements of the OEM once they are out.

Debating, on having the Wiseco Pistons Cryro and coated as well as the monoblock (cryro).

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Those Airframes are bad ***. Did you consider the 840 kit from Carls?

Didn't know Carl's had an 840 kit for the 700 CFI. I saw their 770 kit. Regardless, I'd still go with SLP just for the fact it takes me at most 10 min to drive there and I don't have to deal with shipping expenses/headaches. IMO, I can't go wrong with either business, but SLP is just more convenient.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Carl's kit is an 860 not 840.

Edit, that is for the 800, I didn't think Carl's had anything other than the 777 for the 700 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Summer mod update:
Picked up a drive shaft w/Avids installed from RMKBOXER. The engine is at SLP - crossing my fingers the crank isn't toast, but have a plan worked out if it is. The tunnel/bulk head and various other parts are now at the powder coat business. I should have the powder coated stuff back next week and the engine (if all goes well w/the crank) the week after that.

Then it's time to save a few more dollars to get the shocks for the Mtn Tamer. Of course I'll need to test fit the skid to see how much I need to trim the rails to fit behind the Avids.

I'll start a new thread with pics when I get everything back and start putting it back together.

Premium Features