• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I keep cracking my exhaust can

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I am on my second can, first was a cpi can and it basicly blew up after the first reflash on my 09. had it reflashed again after 1 ride and has ran great. went to move it and opened the hood to check the muff pot so I don't have surprises next winter and find my slp can is cracking. anybody else having this issue or is it just me.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I've had a SLP pipe and can on my 07 D7 since the 07/08 season without any splitting. Actually I'm amazed at how well it is holding up, no rust and even the ceramic coating still looks great.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup, Wa.
I had the inlet tube on my SLP can (on a 08 D8) crack in February. I called SLP, they asked for pics, I sent them pics and I had a new SLP can on my doorstep in a day and a half. Great customer service!

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I had the inlet tube on my SLP can (on a 08 D8) crack in February. I called SLP, they asked for pics, I sent them pics and I had a new SLP can on my doorstep in a day and a half. Great customer service!

that is where mine is cracked also. I hate to spend money on the stock sled when I can put the money in the turbo sled. I will try that

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
cracked inlet pipe

I had the inlet pipe of the stock muffler crack all the way around, and about 1/2" ring completely separate. Took this oportunity to replace it with an SLP pipe (nice ceramic coating). The instructions for the new can said to spread a bead of high-temp silicone around the inlet pipe for 2 reasons. First, to help seal the joint really well. And second, to provide a cushion to prevent metal-to-metal rubbing (from all the vibration). I believe that is what caused the previous inlet tube to wear so thin that it eventually failed (cracked).

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
slp emailed me back and I am going to send pics, I have had good luck with them so its looking good

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Keep an eye on that left front motor mount bolt kids. Its weak and can cause lots of related issues. EW

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
Keep an eye on that left front motor mount bolt kids. Its weak and can cause lots of related issues. EW

it was the first thing I looked at. I may have something going on and will have to figure it out. I have seen one of the bolts break on a turbo dragon

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
slp came through and sent me a new can I am not sure when it cracked. I have not had any other issues with my dragon. it is my wifes now and she rode it on the last ride of the season so I can blame it on her. I am going to go through and check the other motor mounts. the bolt is not broken I know that for sure

Premium Features