• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro suspensions & turbos for my build

T

trevsutt

Oct 15, 2008
I'm looking to build up a Nytro MTX but not sure what to go with. As far as suspensions go should a guy go with the mountain tamer, EZ ryde or the M10. As far as turbos go does a guy go with Powderlites, MCX or Impulse. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each suspension & turbo set-ups. Same goes for a tunnel, Van Amburg, CR racing or Timbersled. Any help is greatly appreciated! By the way, when I sled I don't generally do a bunch of boondocking mostly hillclimbing.

T

tfrick821

Nov 27, 2007
eastern ia
Honestly, you are going to get every single option you listed as an answer to your question on here, Just read through all of the threads on here, there are tons of them, and become more educated. If money wasnt a factor, I would go m10, impulse, and a VA tunnel, but I have a mt tamer, modded my stock tunnel (better boards and custom mods in the rear), and plan to do a "baby boost" kit in the future. Leaning towards Ulmers, but there is also mcx and alpine.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I agree with tfrick 100%,
First of all it's only a few that's tried or owned them all, i'm not one of them, so it's natural if i would say that what i have done is the best you can do, but you isn't me so it could be all wrong.
When i choose how to and what to modify on my sled i look around, what do my friends honestly think of their mods, then i search on forums, adapt the information to my needs/drivingstyle, then i decide what to do and from where to buy it.
Often same product can be bought from several source, so a big concern when i buy a product is the sellers reputation on how they take care of customer after the buy.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
All that you mentioned perform well... The m10 is best for hill climbing but also pricey. As far as turbos who is closer. Customer service is nice to have just a few miles away. It all depends how fat your wallet is and how big of chonies you have.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I would personally go with products that are in your area. If your in canada Alpine for turbo and cr racing for tunnel would be my start. If in the states VE tunnel and Impulse turbo. As you said you mostly hillclimb then the M10 is your best bet. Also a good start is to see what others are running in your area, I'm in the same situation lots of great companies to pick from:beer;

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Have you seen the latest Supercharged Nytro by Timbersled?

It is featured in the latest issue of Mod-Stock magazine.

Their Mountain Tamer skid is what I just ordered.

Good luck with your mods.

akrevrider

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
If you go with the M10 skid I would highly recommend that you go with the CR tunnel. I have mounted the M 10 in both tunnels, the CR and the Van Amburg. The CR was a piece of cake and was done in 3 hours. The Van Amburg we started this morning and should get it done before lunch tomorrow :mad:
The New VA tunnel I believe has changed to be able to mount the M 10 easier.
I would go with the Impulse pump gas kit. with the new stand alone ECU.
Have fun!!!:beer;

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Anybody have a suggestion for what suspension to use with the stock 2010 tunnel?? Or is it not even worth it without doing tunnel also?? I was thinking Timbersled

Thanks

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
Anybody have a suggestion for what suspension to use with the stock 2010 tunnel?? Or is it not even worth it without doing tunnel also?? I was thinking Timbersled

Thanks

i would ride it with the stock suspension first. the 2010 is suppose to be better but how much no one really knows yet. No need to dump $$ unless it isn't working properly. Unless you are playing the weight game.

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
I have a turbo Nytro and have the M10 and am pleased with it. It keeps the front end down great. Ive seen the timbersled stab through the tracks, so if you go that direction install antistab wheels. Baker at Racers Edge has a slick design that works very well, and theres alot of good support there. Im finding it hard to get replacement parts from Fast,(M10) Cant seem to get emails or calls returned.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
i would ride it with the stock suspension first. the 2010 is suppose to be better but how much no one really knows yet. No need to dump $$ unless it isn't working properly. Unless you are playing the weight game.

Yeah I'm gonna ride for awhile see how it does. Just checking in case I don't like the stock skid. hopefully the stock works well.

Thanks

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007

Thanks

I think all the love of their turbos is a credit to the builders...Each has its strengths, each has its draw backs...nothing money cant fix...

generally speaking, your budget is your biggest hindrance...not your kit or your suspension...that being said...

I really like Timbersled, as it is not too terribly spendy, and they have phenomenal service...Additionally, it is a susp[ension made for all around riding, not just big hill pulls...I am not a big climber, so I didnt care to spend the extra coin on a CR M-10...another benefit to Timbersled is they are not afraid to improve their product, and adapt it to the new needs of customers...

I personally stayed stock tunnel, as a replacement one, is not that much adantage if you do something with your bumper, which I went with a Skinz bumper kit...there is not that much weight savings...and well, I didnt want the headache of replacing it...(which is not that difficult, but didnt want to mess with it...

but have fun, and enjoy yourself, you will have a great sled...another option is buying one already built, as there are a LOT of them on the market...and will be even more come January if Yamaha comes out with a replacement for the Apex (rumored for 2 years now)

either way, welcome to the Blue Side!!!

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
So i was in the same boat as you. I found if you look hard enough you can get any product you want in canada. I went with ez ryde and the impulse turbo should be getting it all in a couple of days so dont know how it will all work. I chose impulse cause of the stand alone fuel managment and from the forums they say next to nothin for turbo lag. want more power just dial up the the boost controller. from low 10-12 psi to 18-20 psi on the pump gas system all you need to change is the fuel from pump to race. and with the ez ryde if set up right on istall to change ski pressure/ride all you have to do is turn a dial. However its all ready been said it all depends on your budget cause the stuff aint cheap and it ads up in a quick hurry.

Premium Features