• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Internal Server Error

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
Using SnoWest on my work computer, I get a lot of "Internal Server Error" messages. Only in certain threads, sometimes just a certain page of a multiple page thread. If I log out, I can see the thread, but as soon as I log back in -- same error. Any ideas?

A
Nov 26, 2007
St.Maries,ID
I get the same thing. Here is the wierd part. If my buddy logs in to my computer he never has a problem. When i log back in, bam there the error is again. It's messed up.
Alex

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I have the same problems plus it takes forever to load a page but only sometimes,,,, sometimes I only get the top bar and have to refresh its like the site has a pause before it loads but the pause is over a minuite long and its the only site that does this so I know its not my computer!!!

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
Ideas? yeah quit using it at work slacker! ah ha haaaaa....

LOL -- the thing is, I'm being laid off after 20 years, tomorrow is my last day. They've already taken away all my work, so I just have to sit around and surf the net and wait for an occasional phone call.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
damn it christopher! WHAT IS GOING ON??? why can we read any thread that has more than 15 responses on the page? flips to second page i can read it till it gets to a certain post count. then i get the error again. WHY?

and why wont you address this here?
very frustrating, especially as a long time member, and snowest subscription holder.
ski

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Using SnoWest on my work computer, I get a lot of "Internal Server Error" messages. Only in certain threads, sometimes just a certain page of a multiple page thread. If I log out, I can see the thread, but as soon as I log back in -- same error. Any ideas?

OK.
Lets find out whats happening here.
The next time you get one of these errors, PLEASE COPY IT and send me the FULL ERROR.

AND.
Please give me as much detail as to where you were and what you were doing when it happened.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
damn it christopher! WHAT IS GOING ON??? why can we read any thread that has more than 15 responses on the page? flips to second page i can read it till it gets to a certain post count. then i get the error again. WHY?

and why wont you address this here?
very frustrating, especially as a long time member, and snowest subscription holder.
ski
Sorry for the delay,.
I missed the thread!

Right now I don't have a clue why this is happening to you!
I have never seen it, and I read a wide variety of threads on the forum.

The key to tracking down errors like this is our ability to REPRODUCE the error. Had either Brian or I seen this, we would have nailed it already.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
ask and you shal recieve. i sent christopher a pm on this guys to see if we could get it looked at. hopefully it is an easy fix. good luck to all of us. ski

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, crh@harrispublishing.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at www.snowest.com Port 80

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK.
I need the URL of the thread you were reading or trying to read and a description of what you were doing when that error appeared.

What I have to do is to get the system to REPLICATE THAT ERROR for me, so I can track it down.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am SOOOO confussed!

You sent me over to read a thread about
Togwotee Mountain Lodge - Let it snow!! ???????????

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
you asked for the error, and i gave it. you asked for the thread i was trying to view when the error happend and i gave it. i dont know what else to give you. ski

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
AHH!
OK
now I understand.
I thought you were sending me off to read comments about the error in another thread!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I have been getting the error for the last couple of days. It does not depend upon a specific location on snowest, just sometimes, when I open up 4 or 5 sections into new tabs, some of them don't open up and I get the error.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
this is really starting to be irritating. any post or any post page that gets over 20-30 posts on it gives me this error. i am not looking at converstational threads, i am trying to view a technical thread with a diamond drive bearing failure bulletin.

i need a fix for this. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!

Ski

Premium Features