• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I think the Mods need to intruduce themselfs

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I suppose I should post here....

I help mod the AC 1M and Powder Special forums.

My name is Scott, I'm 25 years old, married with no kids (yet.) I've been riding on my own since I was 7 (340 lynx) and till then I rode with my dad or mom. I have lived in SE Idaho my entire life, except for the 4.5 years at college in north Idaho.

I have a degree in mechanical engineering and work for a company that does consulting for power plants and utilities across the nation and even some international.

I currently ride a King Cat chassis with a 1500 triple engine that my dad and I built. I have ridden most Cat chassis from '90-'06. I work on sleds with my dad every chance I get, and we don't buy sleds new or take them to dealers.

Hope I don't tick anyone off too badly.

Last edited:

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Just noticed this....then again, just getting back home and set up from a 4th summer camphosting up the North Fork on the North Fork of the Flathead River, bordering Glacier National Park (border halfway across the river). :face-icon-small-coo There is no power (use a generator), hand pump well for water, and only get reception on my cell phone from a purchase of an external plug in antenna (but still limited). Great place to float from (campsites right on the river, as well as a boat launch), or into. Incredible fishing.....oh my.....there are Bulltrout, Westslope Cutthroat, Rainbows, CutBows (the Rainbow which are non-native and the Cutties really seem to like each other) and Whitefish. It's about 35 miles from the Canadian Border (but no open entrance there any longer), and the Camas road of GNP is only 2.5 miles from Big Creek.

I'm Sandy......and I was around doing the Mod thing last year as well. I signed onto SW in January of 2004, but was a lurker before that. :face-icon-small-sho This is one thing I do like indoors.....SW first thing in the morning, throughout the day, and before bed. This even trumps checking the weather. :eek:

I'm married 10 years (15 together), have two sons aged 29 and 28. One is a computer programmer that handles some fairly large companies, and the other runs an automotive business. I have two beautiful Golden Retrievers, of the field variety so they are both red/dark. Our female Cassidy is 22 months and 70 lbs (extremely fit and agile, of her own doing), the *baby* (male) Drake is 9 months old and 95 lbs (he's BIG, and has been averaging 10 pounds a month). Both are from the same parents, just 12 1/2 months apart. Get an empty nest, and then come the dogs. ;) :)

I was born and raised right here in NW Montana. I love the outdoors, so I live in the perfect place for year round activities outdoors. Besides my passion for sledding, I love floating the river in my personal pontoon boat. Sometimes it's just a whitewater float, sometimes fishing, sometimes both. My dogs ride on a platform that we made for the back of both of our pontoon boats, just that they wanted to both ride with me this summer. They love me......LOL. :cool: Running the Stihl and cutting firewood is a favorite activity, tying my own flies (I have a hot pink design that I call my Princess flies that work incredibly well up there), riding our AC 650 4wheeler (usually with 2 dogs on the back), camping (obviously), shooting/targeting, pretty much everything to do with the outdoors. I even enjoy splitting firewood.......get some pretty funny looks sometimes when the hubby is sitting sipping on a :beer; and I'm splitting wood. :face-icon-small-con :)

I'm active in land use issues, and avalanche education (I'm on the Board of Directors for our local Avy Center).

My current sled I've had since 2003. It's an '03 AC 1M 600 Mtn. Cat with a 153x2.25 Challenger underneath it. I'm definitely ready to move up, and have been. I still ride with the boys, I just have to ride harder. I look forward to a new machine that I don't have to muscle around so much, and which will also help me improve my skills. That day might entail having to give up the summer gig and getting a *real* job that pays. :( Not quite ready to give that up yet though.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I'm the newest mod on the forum, but I've been a member for a couple of years now. I'm looking after the Yamaha 4-stroke section so any questions or comments about that can be directed to me.

I was born and raised in Sandpoint Idaho. My parents both raced cross country in Alaska in the 70s with limited support from Arctic Cat. Growing up we didn't have the money to ride, but on occasion we would dig out the 1971 292 lynx and burn circles around in the field until it ran out of gas.

After highschool I enlisted in the Air Force and have been in for 7 years. If anyone is wondering I am currently an E-5 or a Staff Sergeant. I am an Imagery Analyst by trade - think google earth with better resolution and over hostile areas. So far in my career I've been a sensor operator instructor on the Predator UAS, and during that time helped capture several high level terrorists as well as lased in 3 hellfire missiles. After the predator assignment I have been doing more traditional imagery from the Global Hawk, the U2, and even some from the F-16 TARS pod. So far I've been to Iraq twice and I am deploying again next spring to the same location for the 3rd time. I am currently assigned to the Air Force Research Laboratory detachment 15. We do research and development on visible and Infra-Red light. Our telescopes can look at an object in space and determine what it is made out of based on what light is reflected or absorbed. (all the elements reflect/absorb light differently). Yes I am located on the Island of Maui. No it is not as awesome as everyone thinks it is. I like the beach, and the 78 degree water. The whales are cool when they are here. Out side of that, I hate that its been summer for 9 months so far. I need some seasons, and some colder weather. Hawai'i can be a hard place to live, especially for someone who has a SERIOUS addiction to sledding. Thankfully its only a 3 year tour and I'll get more seat time at my next assignment.

While on my last deployment I sent some e-mails to the yamaha dealers in northern california, and literally only got one response. I set up a deal with them, and when I got back I was able to pay for my 08 Nytro MTX 40th edition in full when I picked it up. That first year I was on the snow nearly every weekend and ended up riding with some of the team summit crew. I also made a bunch of friends that I'm iching to get back to ride with.
I learned quite a bit about setting up a stock nytro throughout the winter and got it to work fairly well. The last ride of the year, I pulled my first chute. It wasn't worthy of being in thunderstruck or anything, but heading up an off-camber chute with rocks all around got my blood pumping!
Last year I didn't get a lot of time on the snow because of my move to Maui, and this year I'm only getting 3 weeks to see family and fit in sledding before I deploy. That leaves me with a bunch of time to read up and research things for when I do get on the snow...and it can't be soon enough!

My other motorized exp is racing motocross. I raced for 3 or 4 years and was a mid pack novice...it was fun but I can't even compare it to the feeling of getting on a sled and having the entire mountain as your playground.

I'm a pretty laid back person, and I'm very understanding, but I'm also not a pushover. If anyone has any issues, I'm more than happy to help however I can.:beer;:beer;:beer;

Oh and if anyone comes out to maui to vacation, shoot me a PM!

Premium Features