• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chain for Nytro turbo

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
Wondering what chain is everyone using? Stock chain (Yamaha) or aftermarket like Team. The Team-ind chain is made by Morse which has been around a long time.What are the pro's and con's please. The Yamaha chain is $230 and the Tean is $110. But do they compare. Thanks for any comments. I am expecting to hear you get what you pay for but am curious. I only put on 1000 miles and change them out anyways. I am sure it last for that long.

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
are really paying 230 for a chain? your your dealer is really bending you over. the stock yamaha chain is under a 100

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
$230 for Yamaha chain as of yesterday. Where in BC you from and can you phone your dealer for a price check??? Thanks

I can ship you a chain from the states for less then that. 230.00 is a freakin hosing. I am a Yammi dealer and US retail is 140.48 on a Nytro but 230.00????? WTH thats NUTS! To Answer your question about the Team chains I have ALOT of guys running turbo'ed sleds that run the team chain and for the money it is a darn good product I have sent Tbird a few of them and i don't think he has had a problem with them.

Michelle

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
When I put a new chain on this spring I am sure it was close to 200$. I will shop around a little more next year.

Also when I changed the chain I did have 1 link broken so it was overdue. I also figured 200$ for a new chain is alot cheaper then a new chaincase and a heli ride.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
The Team chains are fine...1500 miles @ 12psi last season.

Are your price quotes for chain AND gears? not so bad, then.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
Thanks to all for the info. I've put on a Team today to try out. Half the price of a Yamaha chain. I called a couple dealers today and never heard anything bad about the Team chains. Second year in a row and the bolt in my chain case is still intact. Original bolt also!!! Travis:D:D

Premium Features