• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 powder special overheating

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Have a 98 powder special I put a new top end in over the summer. Rode it on day ran great with no over heating problem. Rode two days later get about 10 miles and sled starts to overheat, no circulation and blowing steam. Remove thermostat housing wide open, add water and seems to cool take off and she overheats in about 100yds. Can the water pump impeller not turn and still turn the oil pump. Or could it be it just had an air bubble.

T
Jan 11, 2008
will be watching this!new topend on my 700,now its burning coolant.changed o-rings,no difference.o-rings seem thin for grooves,though.93 700 mountain cat

P
Nov 30, 2007
Utah
www.myspace.com
I just went through this with my ultra and I am still not sure I won. Yes the impeller can wear out and the oil pump still works. You can have a bad radiator cap, stuck thermostat, collapsed or plugged hose, leaking head gasket, missing snow flap, if you extended your track the exchanger might be in the wrong place...or an air bubble...good luck

Karl

Premium Features