• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This girl is the real deal!!!

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I just wanted to give a shout out to a true pioneer for women in the sport of extreme snowmobiling. My buddy Megan MacDougall climbed the 90 in Revelstoke last weekend. For any of you that have been at the bottom of the Bullpen and looked up this bad boy, you know how serious an accomplishment this is for anyone, guy or gal.

She didn't just nail it first try. It was her 7th attempt that finally was successful, and it's amazing that she hit it over and over again. I've seen her and Pinky (her turbo Nytro) tumble out of several chutes and Megan just gets up and keeps pushing until she gets it done. She doesn't do it for the recognition, or bragging rights... When I asked her why she climbed her first chute she told me that she was sick of sitting at the bottom watching the boys have all the fun.

So kudos to Megan, a real trail breaker for men and women in the sport, for laying down tracks where most will never go, and doing it for the love of the rush!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XMnIf-rGYLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've never been there and I've never seen it...but SHE made that look EASY!!!!

AWESOME.

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Just badass! Until you have seen these shoots in person you have no idea. Video does not do justice.
X2...never been to these shoots but, videos make most hills look flat.

Nice climb Megan,:face-icon-small-ton

I am forwarding this video along to all the Flatlanders that complain about riding there Yamaha's in the mountains. Looks like all they need is a lesson from Megan:baby:

Last edited:
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I've never been there and I've never seen it...but SHE made that look EASY!!!!

AWESOME.

I've seen alot of attempts and completions on the 90 and THAT was probably the smoothest I've ever seen! Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!! :rockon:

Way to go Megan!! Phenominal is the word that comes to mind here... just phenominal! :hail:

Has me wondering.................. what's next? LOL

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Girl or not she made it look easy and puts me to shame. I think I'd be one sitting at the bottem watching.
Dean

T

~TriplePink~

Mar 24, 2009
Girl or not she made it look easy and puts me to shame. I think I'd be one sitting at the bottem watching.
Dean

Haha I am not trying to put nany man or woman to shame, I am simply pushing myself to accomplish my goals :) My cousin Laird and I grew up climbing any little hill we could find, trying to get the higher line even if it was by a inch so it doesnt surprise me that we both still love to climb. Amy your too nice, I would never consider myself as a pioneer just a girl doing what she loves:heart: and pushing myself to another level haha. I have been so fortunate to meet such great friends and chute climbing besties (Amy, who also is a wicked chute climber!!) through this sport!!

It does suck how video flattens this chute cuz after that corner its crazy steep, every time I rolled out of it I was standing against a wall of snow thinking how it is even possible sleds climbg this?? Haha

As for whats next, Pinky said she wants a go with the Gash... but we shall see Iwont climb her in hard snow so depends on Revys conditions in the next weekend or so :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features