• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Wilderness" Land grab Custer/Gallatin National Forest

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Sorry guys I should have updated post, no one has been able to get their comment to go thru.
I have emailed them about the website, I would encourage you to do the same.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
I received a call from the from the forest plan manager, the site is up and working correctly.
I was able to enter comments and I encourage everyone to do the same.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Emailed comments

7/28/2017. Website is a still a little difficult

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
More wilderness

The above fs link implys potential for more land designated as wilderness. That sucks. What is the most effective way to fight for less, not more, wilderness?

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
One of the best ways, is to get involved with your local and state snowmobile clubs. They have avenues of approach and have been working these issues for years. If you do some more research, you will see that most FS districts abuse their power and feel "laws don't apply" to them. A lot of how the laws are written, is interpretation. Of course the environmental entities will interpret laws much different than motorized vehicle entities. Also, it takes a TON of money to fight these battles, so any donations to you club legal fund is much appreciated. You might also want to try to reach out to your State Representatives and or Senators. Written letters to both show that you are concerned and definitely have an impact. Happy sledding!!

Premium Features