For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Deangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rebuild crank along with fresh top end??

So I bought this 2012 pro 800 rmk 163 last fall, this mid January I lost top end. Sled had 2800 miles on it. Had about 2300 when it lost a piston with original owner and he has a bikeman fix kit installed. What happened with me is I lost a motor mount bolt and when I reinstalled ending with new motor mounts the oil pump arm came off and I think I had it in wrong position when I clipped it back on. I've tested oil pump and it puts oil out. I'm looking at new jugs, as mine have deep scratches threw the nikasil, a new head and new pistons. I've read the 2012 has a bad crank compared to the '13s and up. Should I get my crank rebuilt while I'm doing the top end? And should I just get a 13 crank?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Currently: Sendinnnn' it.
Hansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond reputeHansen13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deangarth View Post
So I bought this 2012 pro 800 rmk 163 last fall, this mid January I lost top end. Sled had 2800 miles on it. Had about 2300 when it lost a piston with original owner and he has a bikeman fix kit installed. What happened with me is I lost a motor mount bolt and when I reinstalled ending with new motor mounts the oil pump arm came off and I think I had it in wrong position when I clipped it back on. I've tested oil pump and it puts oil out. I'm looking at new jugs, as mine have deep scratches threw the nikasil, a new head and new pistons. I've read the 2012 has a bad crank compared to the '13s and up. Should I get my crank rebuilt while I'm doing the top end? And should I just get a 13 crank?

I've never noticed cranks being the issues in the 12s, was common to lose pistons because they would lose clearance spec fast. I had a buddy put his oil pump arm backwards last year and it just stuck wide open. Luckily we carry a litre of spare oil which got him back to the truck haha. But it may not be a bad idea to have someone take a look at the crank after losing a motor mount bolt. Way too much vibration under the hood even with all bolts in. Also install the torque arm kit and engine push arm from SLP, basically eliminates all the vibration under the hood, which will extend longevity as well.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

2300 miles, 6 (model) years old, send the crank to Indy Specialties for a rebuild.

More than likely, your cylinders are salvageable, I'd send those in to Indy Specialties also.

Tell Jon or Dan that Murph sent you

Speedcell Technologies-- Director of Motorsports

Old 08-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Basic Member
Deangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond reputeDeangarth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen13 View Post
I've never noticed cranks being the issues in the 12s, was common to lose pistons because they would lose clearance spec fast. I had a buddy put his oil pump arm backwards last year and it just stuck wide open. Luckily we carry a litre of spare oil which got him back to the truck haha. But it may not be a bad idea to have someone take a look at the crank after losing a motor mount bolt. Way too much vibration under the hood even with all bolts in. Also install the torque arm kit and engine push arm from SLP, basically eliminates all the vibration under the hood, which will extend longevity as well.
Ok I'll get a torque arm ordered. And I'm thinking of going with RK Tek pistons and head. He is just over hill from me and SLP is just up highway in Idaho from me. About an hr drive. Might have them re nikasil my cylinders

Old 08-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Speed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed Shop Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Keep us in mind for the new crankshafts, billet head kit and durability piston kits.

We have them all in stock at excellent prices. Save over $500 on a new cranks, and we have the best prices on the durability piston kits and billet heads too.

New Crank $1295
(standard or lightweight cranks)
Mtn Series Billet Head kit $379
Durability piston kit $419

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?i...=category&n=54
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	billet head polaris axys.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	285222   Click image for larger version

Name:	ssidurabilitykit.jpg